At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Coordinator, Event Management based in our Concord, North Carolina office.
This position will be responsible for operations related competition items including national series race control management – serving as race director for support series and supporting on track events. Organizational skills as well as critical thinking in a fast-paced, high pressure environment is essential. Strong communications skills are a must in a setting where teamwork is critical to success and interactions with various industry stakeholders outside the organization play a key role.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Officiate national series races, qualifying sessions, and practices as race director via radio communication with all officials, track services staff, team spotters and crew chiefs.
- Analysis and determination of racetrack conditions leading up to and during all on track sessions, with the ability communicate and facilitate correction of any adverse conditions that may arise.
- Management and enforcement or all event related procedures outlined in the NASCAR Rule Books. Expertise in in this area is required.
- Enforce critical timings listed on the event schedule in coordination with broadcast partners, racetrack staff and all critical competition stakeholders at each race event.
- Assist the Director of Racing Operations and Event Management in maintaining day-to-day relationships with broadcast partners, track specific staff members, and event marketing in regard to event scheduling items and race season planning.
- Maintain race specific procedural/operational documentation and arrange the necessary competition and safety meetings to review these procedures at each event.
- Act as a liaison between Race Services and the Track Services departments in regard to operations assets outlined in the event standards documentation. Assets including but not limited to – facility caution lights, track surface condition, SAFER Barriers, restoration vehicles, facility painting, etc.
- Oversee pre-event planning and coordination of event specific logistics with series directors and racetracks, includes garage space, competition inspection requirement, vehicle flow routes for practice and qualifying.
- Assist in the approval process of all national series paint schemes per the vehicle branding and guidelines outlined for the race teams in the NASCAR Rule Book.
- Coordinate pre-race and post-race logistics for opening ceremonies and winning celebrations for all NASCAR National series events with key stakeholders
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of experience in events or motorsports experience at track
- Ability to travel up to 90%, including to Canada
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website