Are you motivated by customer service with a desire for helping others? NJM Insurance Group currently has an opening in our Contact Center for a First Notice of Loss Associate who will play an important role in helping to make sure our customers have a positive experience working with us. With a nationally ranked reputation for outstanding customer service and history that spans more than a century, NJM is a leading provider of worker's compensation, automobile and homeowners insurance in New Jersey . It is an exciting time to join NJM as we are expanding into other states.
Become a member of our team and you'll be part of company who operates for the sole benefit of its policyholders and is committed to maintaining the highest levels of service. Team members are offered a competitive compensation package and benefits including: a 401k plan, health coverage, a generous paid time off plan, and much more! What is it like to work at NJM? Click here to see!
Our West Trenton General Claims Department is seeking a First Notice of Loss Associate to provide superior customer service while receiving and responding to inbound telephone calls from policyholders and customers. Formal in-house training is provided.
The scheduled hours for this position is:
Monday through Friday 9:30am-6:00pm ( Off Sun and Tues or Thurs) Saturday: 8:30am-4:30pm
- Serves as first contact with our claims customers; taking incoming calls and entering the information into the system for follow up by an adjuster.
- Provides quality assistance and customer service in a professional and timely manner to policyholders who have experienced an Auto or Homeowner loss.
- Navigates multi-systems to access appropriate information to service policyholders.
- Accurately receives and responds to the first reports of an insured's losses.
- Listens and records information simultaneously and follow through by assessing losses and acting upon the claim, should it require attention.
- Determines appropriate coverage and complete necessary follow ups in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs additional duties within the department as needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Call center experience handling inbound calls is preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a home high-speed internet connection and a landline telephone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collect, interpret and type claim information efficiently and accurately
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to navigate multiple programs simultaneously
- Accurate keyboarding skills, Typing speed of 25 wpm or more
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving and decision making abilities
- Strong multi-tasking
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and handle stressful situations
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
NJM is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.
Apply on company website