Due to a recent promotion, NJM Insurance Group, a leading mid-Atlantic property casualty carrier, is seeking a Direct Sales Representative in our Commercial Lines Department to support and grow the territory of Middlesex, Mercer and Union Counties in New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania (Bucks County).
The successful candidate will:
- effectively manage the existing and new flow of direct channel worker's compensation, commercial automobile, General Liability & BOP/Umbrella business through collaboration with all NJM business units.
- work with direct customers to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
- demonstrate the ability to strategically develop and present effective proposals for direct worker's compensation, commercial automobile, general liability & BOP/Umbrella new and renewal business.
- support the commercial lines culture and strategic initiatives including the autonomy of business channels through collaboration with NJM business units.
- regularly attend industry events or functions such as Chamber of Commerce, NJM Corporate Giving, and customer sponsored events.
- ensure premium payments are paid timely and manages effective collection methods.
- demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of all existing and new NJM commercial and personal lines product offerings in all states.
- effectively demonstrate to clients and prospects the NJM value proposition.
- thoroughly understand policyholder needs, competitive plans and best industry practices to ensure that NJM remains a leading provider of property casualty insurance products.
- be responsible for direct worker's compensation ,commercial auto, general liability, BOP/Umbrella (< 7employees) new business goals and servicing/retention of direct accounts in assigned territory.
- manage account activities and utilize and manage prospecting material including SNL &, CNC/Winback lists to meet weekly, monthly and annual prospecting metrics.
- follow-up all lead inquiries and assist the department manager with commercial lines strategic initiatives when necessary.
- actively participate in direct new business proposal meetings and generating new business referrals.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Sales oriented with experience and successful track record selling standard commercial lines products in the noted territories.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues.
• Full knowledge of all commercial line's standard insurance products and usages.
• Ability to manage multiple clients, tasks, and requests.
• Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
• Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
• Knowledge of insurance underwriting procedures
• Results oriented with the ability to meet strategic goals as required for the assigned territory.
• Excellent analytical, problem resolution, negotiating and project management skills.
• Professional, committed, and self-motivated with the ability to focus on daily tasks
• Proficient with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years' commercial insurance company experience in insurance industry, specifically in either Commercial Lines Marketing, Sales, Production Underwriting, Distribution and/or Relationship Management.
- Specific knowledge of the commercial lines in New Jersey and Bucks County, Pennsylvania marketplace as it relates to new agent appointments and account opportunities
- Required Certifications or Licenses: Must maintain and remain current with their (property and casualty) producers' state licenses and continuing education credits
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.
Apply on company website