Requisition 29517: B4 Assistant Manager Revenue Accounting
Job Description Primary Purpose:
Perform account analysis, prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, and general ledger reconciliation, ensuring compliance with internal controls, as well as, interacting with auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Provide monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, and reports in compliance with GAAP.
- Facilitate the enhancement of procedures to drive process improvements, and efficiencies.
- Assist in forecasting, and financial trends reporting to management monthly and ad hoc reporting related to specific AR activities and present analysis in a clear manner.
- Supervises staff in the preparation of reports for the receivable sales program and recording of the monthly sales entries.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external business partners (i.e. Corporate Accounting, Treasury, FP&A, external auditors, and others).
- Ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Assist internal and external auditors with monthly, quarterly and/or annual reviews and provide support documentation where applicable.
- Supervises agreement and non-agreement employees.
- Minimum Level: 1-2 years
- Preferred Level: 3-5 years
- Helpful: Public Accounting or Audit Experience
- Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree
Licenses / Certifications
- Required: None listed
- Preferred: CPA
- MS Excel/Spreadsheets
- MS Outlook
- MS PowerPoint/Presentations
- MS Word/Word Processing
- Data query tools
Skills and Abilities
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Details
- Decision Making
- Project Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Verbal/Written Communication
- Employee Development
- Senior Revenue Accounting Analyst
- Supervisor Revenue Accounting
- Senior Business Analyst
- Assistant Manager RACS
- Assistant Manager Accounting
- Internal Auditor
- Manager Revenue Accounting Support Services
- Manager Accounting
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.
On September 9, 2021, President Biden signed Executive Order 14042. This order and the associated federal safety protocols for federal contractors that were issued on September 24, 2021, require covered contractors who work with the federal government to ensure that their employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or approved for a health or religious accommodation by December 8, 2021. As a covered federal contractor, Norfolk Southern must adhere to these legal requirements. If you are made a conditional job offer, you will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, or apply and be approved for a health or religious accommodation prior to your start date
Apply on company website