Requisition 19106: SAP S/4HANA Program Manager #LI-NM1
The program manager is responsible for stewarding critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of strategic and transformational change by providing leadership and direction on assigned programs.
• Provide overall program leadership, guidance, and manage all aspects of a given program, including planning, requirements definition, business case and implementation
• Communicate program goals and scope to all program team members and ensure clear expectations of each project and/or workstream
• Ensure coordination across multiple projects and/or workstreams and ensure the scope of the projects within the program align with program goals and business priorities
• Effectively manage all program resources including internal program/project team members and multiple 3rd party vendors ensuring on time and on budget delivery
• Lead team of 10-20+ internal resources and work with Resource Managers to appropriately staff program team as needed
• Proactively set performance expectations and help project managers and subordinates manage expectations of delivery and requirements
• Manage program budget including estimating all program costs (labor/non-labor/vendor) and accurately forecast and report program cost variances
• Review and manage program change requests obtaining applicable approvals
• Prepare and manage a consolidated program management plan using MS Project or similar PM tool
• Ensure all required project information is maintained within PPM tool on a timely basis and adherence to PMO standards and reporting, as defined by PMO and senior management
• Effectively track and manage program-level risks, issues and interdependencies driving towards resolution and escalating as needed
• Set and manage stakeholder expectations, collaborating with various levels of stakeholders across multiple departments with differing needs
• Provide relevant domain and technical expertise for effective program execution
• Create and manage Program deliverables including Business Case, Program Charter, Program Plan, Communication Plan, Risk and Issue Logs and Status Reports
• Manage all Program communications including recurring status updates to Executive Management team
• Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a large-scale program
• Exceptionally strong leader with excellent communication skills
• Effective consultative and influencing approach
• Ability to provide direction and work well under limited supervision
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
• Analytical, problem-solver with decisive and timely decision making capabilities
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to execute the long term vision
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus; Master's degree desirable
• Active PMP or pursuing certification; PgMP or other Project/Program Management certifications desirable
• 15+ years of IT Project/Program Management experience including management of large-scale complex programs and projects
• Demonstrated experience with full lifecycle SAP S/4HANA cloud implementation
• Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts and experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and PM Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc….)
• Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools (MS Project Server or similar tools)
• Advanced knowledge and use of MS Office Suite including Project and SharePoint
• Extensive experience preparing and presenting effective presentations to Executive Leadership
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0-2 Days per Month
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Norfolk Southern is in the process of constructing a vibrant & modern corporate HQ in Midtown Atlanta, GA. Our HQ is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021. To check out a sneak peek, we've linked a playlist below.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.
We are a team of more than 20,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation." As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and, gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Don't just work here, Thrive here.
Apply on company website