Requisition 13827Job Description
Assist in managing the life cycle of fixed assets, including asset capitalization and retirement. Evaluate capital projects to ensure proper handling in accordance with current regulatory requirements, corporate policy, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and documented internal controls.
- Reviews projects for proper capital / expense accounting treatment and eligibility for capitalized interest.
- Performs accounting research related to complex accounting transactions.
- Records fixed asset acquisitions, transfer, and dispositions in the accounting system for multiple companies.
- Utilizes PowerPlant software to monitor spending, projected/actual in-service dates, completion dates, and other project attributes in order to maximize the benefits associated with timely unitization.
- Performs analysis of new projects and existing asset records to ensure additions, retirements, and transfers are recorded.
- Conducts analyses related to fixed assets as requested by Management.
- Provides recommendations in determining the appropriate parameters for PowerPlant alerts.
- Coordinates with numerous departments across the organization to relay information.
- Assists as needed for both internal and external audit reviews surrounding the fixed asset function.
- Collaborates with others to develop training documentation and conduct appropriate field training.
- Works with technology resources to test code changes, solve system problems and coordinate system modifications and enhancements.
Minimum Level: 1-2 years
Preferred Level: 3-5 years
- MS Excel/Spreadsheets
- MS Outlook
- MS Powerpoint/Presentations
- MS Word/Word Processing
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Written Communication
Shift Work: No
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per Month,
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA
Norfolk Southern is in the process of constructing a vibrant & modern corporate HQ in Midtown Atlanta, GA. Our HQ is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2021. To check out a sneak peek, we've linked a playlist below.
Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) is a Fortune 300 organization and one of the nation's premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers.
We are a team of more than 20,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation." As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and, gender identity. Together, we power progress.
Don't just work here, Thrive here.
Apply on company website