Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is seeking an adult reconstructive surgeon to join four other orthopedic surgeons (1 Arthroplasty, 1 Foot & Ankle, 1 Shoulder, 1 Sports Medicine) in a well-established, busy, hospital-employed practice and to participate in our Center of Excellence in Joint Arthroplasty.
- The surgeons are supported by 1:1 PAs and NPs; skilled anesthesiologists, well-trained surgical technologists, hospitalists, and a nursing staff that completes our team.
- A strong orthopedic trauma program with (5) surgeons compliments our practice.
- In 2013 we opened our doors to a dedicated joint replacement unit and are certified as a Center of Excellence in Joint Arthroplasty program.
- American Board-certification/board-eligibility in orthopedics and fellowship training in Adult Reconstructive Surgery required.
Additional Services include:
- On-site X-Ray and MRI at both the clinic and the hospital
- 1 Non-operative Sports Medicine physician
- 1 Non-operative Oncology / Complex Musculoskeletal Medicine physician
- 10 Athletic Trainers, employed by our practice
- Dedicated OR Block Time (in both the Main OR and Ambulatory OR)
- State-of-the art operating theaters
- In-house ancillary support (PT, OT, Rehab, and Wound Care)
- Part-time pediatric orthopedic surgeons
- Weekdays 8:00am to 4:30pm (mixed between surgery and clinic)
- ER Call less than once per month, with first call going to mid-level provider.
Why Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center?
- Robust compensation and benefits package
- Student loan reimbursement programs
- Relocation bonus
- Sign on bonus
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Generous PTO benefits
- Leadership and teaching opportunities, if desired
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is committed to making healthcare work for the people of Maine. It is a 411- bed, regional tertiary care and ACS verified level II trauma center serving a patient population of 500,000 living in the northern two-thirds of the state's geography. The hospital is a base for LifeFlight of Maine, a critical care air transportation service flying nearly 900 missions per year. Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is a member of Northern Light Health, an integrated statewide health delivery system that is raising the bar with no-nonsense solutions that are leading the way to a healthier future for our state. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including nine hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is seeking an adult reconstructive surgeon to join four other orthopedic surgeons (1 Arthrop...
Apply on company website