Innovative Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Openings at Zucker Hillside Hospital of Long Island Jewish Medical Center/Northwell Health
The Geriatric Psychiatry R-5 ACGME-accredited fellowship at Zucker Hillside Hospital/Northwell Health continues to have openings for July 2021 in our exciting and evolving program. The Geriatric Psychiatry division at Zucker Hillside Hospital, the flagship behavioral health facility of Northwell Health, is a comprehensive clinical service with dedicated geropsychiatry inpatient units (22 bed and 20 bed units); a geriatric psychiatry outpatient clinic (approximately 1500 registrants) which subsumes a specialized more intensive outpatient sub-track, the Senior Treatment Enhanced Program (STEP); and diverse community relationships. Additional fellowship innovations/highlights include:
- Novel rotation in a collaborative care model (integration of behavioral health into primary care) in partnership with Northwell's extensive House Calls (homebound elderly) Program
- Certificate in ECT following immersive clinical experience (Zucker Hillside operates the second largest ECT service in the US)
- rTMS experience
- Telemedicine: Since the COVID-19 outbreak, ambulatory services rapidly transformed to a telehealth enterprise. To ensure equitable tele-video care for older patients:
- Geriatric-sensitive screening for telemedicine readiness based on status of digital access, technological literacy, and personal disability (vision, hearing, physical, cognitive).
- Work with ‘digital navigator' to address telemedicine ‘unreadiness.'
- Remote tele-consultation to nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home care patients
- Participate in Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) pilots
- Participate in regional Elder Abuse Task Force
- Palliative Medicine rotation at two sites (LIJ Medical Center/North Shore University Hospital) which includes inpatient Palliative Care unit
- Gero C/L rotation which includes exposure to board-certified pain management C/L psychiatrist
Northwell Health is New York State's largest employer and operates a 23-hospital health system and large, geographically dispersed ambulatory care network. As such, post-fellowship, diverse opportunities abound for interesting attending psychiatrist positions.
Interested applicants should contact: Blaine Greenwald MD, Director, Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and Program Director at email@example.com or 718-470-8159.
Innovative Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Openings at Zucker Hillside Hospital of Long Island Jewish Medical Center/Northwell Health...
Apply on company website