DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Certified Nursing AssistantFull Time Nights 0.9 FTE
Northwest Medical Center
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.Job Description:
The Patient Care Assistant, under the direction of a nurse, assists in providing nursing care to a designated group of patients.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates awareness of and respect for patient/family/SO needs in relation to confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution and spiritual and cultural needs.
- Assures call lights are answered and patient needs are met.
- Recognizes and immediately reports changes in patient's status and condition and reports to Registered Nurse.
- Assists patients with selecting appropriate clothing, comb hair and assist with other personal needs to assure dignity.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistance license with the State of Florida
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Minimum of one year of Patient Care Assistant experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic computer knowledge
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website