SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Line Cook Food and Nutrition Services Department PRN, Shifts Vary, 0.001 FTE
Northwest Medical Center
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Out state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translates to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your grow potential.
Position Description:The Line Cook works under the direction of the FANS Management team to ensure that all work is performed utilizing all safety and sanitation guidelines. Performs routine daily tasks related to hot production needs of the Nutritional Service Department. The position will prepare and cook all hot food and related items ensuring a clean and sanitized work area in accord with recipe requirements. Provides the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Prepares hot foods in sufficient quantities to cover requirements according to production sheets, while avoiding over-production, thus eliminating waste and/or leftovers.
- Grills, cooks, prepares food for food service areas and fills in for cafeteria workers as needed in their absence.
- Times preparation of foods to meet food service schedules.
- Prepares food according to standardized recipes.
- Places hot food items in steam tables just prior to serving to ensure correct temperatures.
- Serves meals on the patient tray line, using standardized portion sizes, or as marked.
- Provides quality food preparation and service, which can be seen by color and consistency of therapeutic diets.
- Follows recommended serving portion size from recipe or production sheets.
- Follows menus provided and makes changes according to food supplies after consulting with Director or Dietitian.
- Checks next day menus for necessary pre-preparation (i.e. pulling frozen meat for tempering, cooking roasts).
- Labels hot food items for modified diets.
- Utilizes creativity and know-how in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
- Uses proper techniques in storage, handling, holding of hot food items, including leftovers, label and date.
- Prepares and uses appropriate garnishes on patient trays based on approve therapeutic diets.
- Attends all mandatory hospital and department in-services.
- Completes duties quickly and efficiently, without compromising quality of work.
- Uses all necessary food service equipment as needed, using proper safety precautions and operation procedures (convection oven, microwave oven, bain marie, slicing machine, kettles, steamers, steam tables, grill, broiler, deep fat fryer, mixers, blender, and knives.
- Participates in Quality Improvement Control activities as required.
- Cleans work areas on own initiative, continually maintains a neat and sanitary work area.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 year(s) prior accounting experience
- Prior hospital accounting experience preferred
- Computer skills
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website