DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Monitor Technician Telemetry Department Full Time, Nights Shift, .9 FTE Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description: Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We are dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we are looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 228-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care. Our facility features a state of the art Cardiovascular Tower, an expanded Emergency Room and newly added Level III NICU to provide comprehensive services to the community we serve and increased professional growth opportunity for our employees. Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. Job Description:
- Recognizes and immediately reports changes in patient's rhythm and reports to Registered Nurse.
- Obtains/files monitor strips, reviews with Charge Nurse for arrhythmias to be called to physician.
- Answers Nursing Station telephone courteously, states location and name. Relays message to Charge Nurse and/or other nursing personnel.
- Maintains and updates Patient Census/Monitor Count Log
- Ensures all patients are placed on monitors as ordered and tracings are legible and alarms are within proper limits.
- Recognizes critical situations/rhythms and appropriately responds.
- Demonstrates awareness of and respect for patient/family/SO needs in relation to confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution and spiritual and cultural needs.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Basic EKG Interpretation required
- Current BLS Healthcare provider certification from the American Heart Association
- 1-3 year(s) of Monitor Technician experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website