SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN) Recovery- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) PRN FTE 0.001 Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description:
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in an emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Our state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translate to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your growth potential. Job Description:
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to work in our Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). The Registered Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs. As a Registered Nurse (RN), some of your primary task and responsibilities will be to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific disease processes, treatments, interventions, and responses based on age specificity.
- Continuously prioritizes patient needs on assessment/reassessment findings.
- Assess patient upon arrival to the unit and reassesses at least every fifteen (15) minutes in PACU.
- Interpret data to determine the change in patient's status and takes appropriate measures including notification of physician.
- Recognize and report signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect to the physician, Department Supervisor, and appropriate agency.
- Confirm the identity of the patient.
- Evaluate vital signs on arrival to PACU.
- Observe skin condition.
- Note the level of consciousness.
- Determine physical mobility.
- Report deviations of diagnostic studies.
- Communicate/document physical health status.
- Develop and implement an interdisciplinary age-specific patient Plan of Care utilizing and integrating all available relevant patient data in accordance with the department's standards.
- Verify allergies upon arrival.
- Organize nursing activities in a logical sequence.
- Maintain adequate oxygenation through the use of appropriate devices.
- Assure maintenance of normal body temperature using room temperature control, warm blankets, warmed IV fluids, and/or patient warming units.
- Assures maintenance of fluid and electrolyte balance through monitoring of IV fluids, drains, and laboratory studies (Intake and Output).
- Maintain physiologic stability by assessing vital signs and treating abnormal values as directed by physicians' orders.
- Demonstrate awareness of the individual rights of the patient.
- Address all patients by name.
- Serve as an advocate for patient/family/SO regarding decisions affecting the Plan of Care.
- Introduce self as a caregiver.
- Communicate and document the Plan of Care.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provision).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ALS or ACLS) and certification (within 90 days of hire).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification (within 90 days of hire.
- CPAN/CAPA/CCRN preferred.
- 2 Year Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required.
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- 1-2 years of Critical Care or Post Anesthesia experience.
- Meditech and cardiac monitors experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website