DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse (RN) Pain Management Part-Time No Weekends FTE 0.5 Northwest Medical Center
Margate, FL Facility Description:
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as a primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in an emergency, critical care, as well as women's and children's services. Our state of the art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translate to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your growth potential.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary, excellent benefit package, and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.Job Description:
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) to work in our Pain Management department. The Registered Nurse must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs. As a Registered Nurse (RN), some of your primary task and responsibilities will be to:
- Recognize the right of patients to appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Screen all patients for pain and performs a more comprehensive assessment if the pain is indicated and documents appropriately.
- Perform pain assessment utilizing age-appropriate measures and documents appropriately.
- Perform pain assessment of the special needs patient utilizing appropriate measures and documents appropriately.
- Perform re-assessment for relief of pain within the appropriate time frames and documents appropriately.
- Educate the patient and their families about the importance of effective pain management and document appropriately.
- Address patient's needs for symptom management in discharge planning process and documents appropriately.
- Demonstrates awareness of and respect for patient/family/SO needs in relation to confidentiality, privacy, security, complaint resolution, and spiritual and cultural needs.
- Address all patients by name. Introduce self as a caregiver.
- Communicate/document provisions for patient's care accurately and timely.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific disease processes, treatments, interventions, and responses based on age specificity.
- Assesses patients for fall and/or injury risk and implements appropriate safety precautions.
- Develop and implement an interdisciplinary age-specific patient Plan of Care utilizing and integrating all available relevant patient data in accordance with the department's standards.
- Establish priorities for nursing interventions.
- Review new physician orders within 30 minutes.
- Implement STAT orders within fifteen (15) minutes.
- Report pertinent changes in the patient's status to the physician.
- Document pertinent observation and interventions at the time of occurrence.
- Communicate and document the Plan of Care.
- Complete all documentation at completion of each intervention.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida o or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification (within 90 days of hire).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification (within 90 days of hire.
- 2 Year Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required.
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Two (2) years of Critical Care or PACU experience preferred.
- Experience with cardiac monitors and Meditech.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website