DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a hospital-based Laboratory Assistant like you to join our organization.
You will be working at Ocala Regional Medical Hospital. Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 256- bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 174-bed hospital located in west Marion County, Summerfield ER, a freestanding emergency department located in southern Marion County, and Maricamp ER, a freestanding emergency department located on Maricamp Road in Ocala. Ocala Regional Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center and the regions only Comprehensive Stroke Center.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.You Will:
- Perform specimen collection and testing; Process, sort, and prepare specimens for submission to referral laboratories for testing
- Perform venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Centrifuge and aliquot specimens appropriately
- Prepare specimens for courier pick-up
- Complete chain-of-custody drug collections
- Document specimen problems; take corrective action as necessary
- Monitor and review referred testing
- Review Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending referral testing issues
QualificationsYou Should Have:
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- 1-3 years of previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Availability to work during disasters
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply today. We promptly review all applications, and are actively interviewing. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website