SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Ocala Health encompasses Ocala Regional Medical Center, a 256-bed facility located in the heart of Ocala, and West Marion Community Hospital, a 174-bed hospital located in west Marion County, Summerfield ER, a freestanding emergency department located in southern Marion County, and Maricamp ER, a freestanding emergency department located on Maricamp Road in Ocala. Ocala Regional Medical Center is a Level II Trauma Center and a Comprehensive Stroke Center. The hospitals offer a host of other quality and award winning services including orthopedic care and joint replacement, robotic surgery, cardiac and vascular services including open heart surgery and interventional procedures, emergency, neurological and rehabilitation services, and bariatric surgery. Ocala Health has the only Commission on Cancer approved cancer center in Marion County. Ocala Health's outpatient facilities include Family Care Specialists, a primary care network of six locations throughout Marion County; Advanced Imaging Centers; a freestanding Wound and Hyperbaric Center; a Senior Wellness Community Center; and three surgical and physician specialty practices.The Certified Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
- · Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
- · Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required.
- · Strong customer service skills required.
- · Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
- · Computer literacy is required.
- · Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
- · Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching,
- squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website