Odle Management – A subsidiary of Eckerd Connects
Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Great Benefits !!!
Medical- No cost option for employee only medical coverage
Dental & Vision
Employer Match 403b
Paid Time Off
Great Dedicated Team to Work With
Reports to the Education & Training Director and is a salaried, exempt position. Plans, directs, and supervises the activities of the Academic Department. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs, and supervises the activities of the Academic Department. Ensures Job Corps-approved curriculum is being taught in individual classrooms.
- Supervises procurement and use of supplemental materials, including multi- media equipment and materials.
- Projects and plans for instructional needs. Ensures proper teaching methods are being employed for the subject area being taught.
- Plans and administers departmental budget.
- Assesses personnel needs and works with the Human Resources Department to screen and interview potential staff members. Approves promotions, transfers, and merit evaluations within the department. Prepares and conducts performance appraisals.
- Prepares and submits reports as required. Ensures proper records on students' progress, performance, etc. are maintained by the instructors and proper record of students' attendance is maintained by the Academic Department, utilizing the CIS Attendance Watch report.
- Formulates proposals and makes recommendations to the Director on all changes to policies and procedures pertaining to the Academic Department.
- Analyzes data from questionnaires, interviews, group discussions, etc., to evaluate curriculum teaching methods and community participation in education and other programs.
- Responsible for ensuring departmental equal employment and affirmative action departmental objectives and goals are met.
- Develops a planned orientation program for new instructors and provides for in-service training of all departmental staff. Conducts regular meetings with department staff.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to clarify purposes and roles.
- Encourages instructors to share abilities and talents. Arranges and assigns instructor anticipation in center activities outside of the classroom.
- Supervises teaching in the classrooms and makes a periodic evaluation of each instructor.
- Serves on P/PEPs Panels and CRB, as requested.
- Completes ETA 6-61's for terminating students.
- Jointly, with the Vocational Manager, is responsible for: counseling students about schedules; scheduling entering students and making schedule changes for others; composing, printing, and distributing weekly master schedule, master summary, and students' copies of individual schedules.
- Adheres to all aspects of Quality Assurance Plan to include but not inclusive of checking on a weekly basis that academic managers or designees shall verify that all students have an assigned schedule in CIS covering every period of the day.
- Attends required staff training sessions.
- Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
- Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
- Cultivates and maintains a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Education preferred
- Three years teaching or work-related experience, one of which was in a supervisory capacity preferred Prefer two years teaching disadvantaged youth.
- Valid State driver's license in the state of employment with acceptable driving record preferred
Additional Requirements: Ability to inspire and motivate staff. Good organizational skills. Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification. Ability to effectively relate to trainee population. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Position requires an ability to operate office equipment and drive an automobile. In addition, individual must be able to interact with team members and maintain an effective working relationship with all facility staff and departments.
Working Conditions: This position involves frequent sitting, and occasional standing, walking, bending, stooping, and squatting. Applicant must be able to see, hear, and speak.
Environmental Demands: Position requires ability to spend 15% of work time outside and 85% of work time indoors; ability to withstand moderate noise levels, including voice levels 90% of work time; ability to work in high temperature settings during the summer months; and ability to work in low temperature settings in winter months.
The employer of record for this position is Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. DBA Eckerd Connects which assigns employees to Odle Management Group, LLC.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Apply on company website