This position blends a broad fraud acumen with an ability to contribute to a fraud prevention strategy, and spearhead execution of those strategies within an operational environment. Success in this position will require appropriate partnerships with senior management as well as working collaboratively with operations, project management teams, and frontline workers to ensure a sharp, holistic understanding of fraud strategy impacts to stakeholders. The Fraud Data Analyst serves as the focal point for accumulating data into reporting and dashboards for fraud efficacy across debit and credit cards, account, and digital channels. Effectively utilizes resources to consistently provide the very highest level of service to members, branches and other departments. Works effectively in a team environment and welcomes a challenge. Accomplishes multiple assignments and projects with minimal supervision and within tight deadlines. Provides support and training to other OnPoint employees as needed.
• Three to five years of progressive financial institution experience, plus minimum two years within a fraud investigations or fraud management role
• Minimum one year of experience in Retail Banking/Operations
• CFE preferred, or an earnest desire to achieve CFE certification
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Familiarity with authorization fraud.
• Bachelor's degree
• Acts as a resource to OnPoint employees for questions and information related to Fraud; this includes aspects of developing formal policies as well as operational procedures to socialize the fraud strategy.
• Monitors and responds timely to various Fraud Alerts produced by services like Visa CAMS, Zelle, Online Account Opening, Bill Payment and other platforms that produce Fraud Alerts.
• Directly leads and contributes to specific rule-based parameters for card fraud exposure, and further develops more rudimentary report-based tools to scan products and channels for evolving fraud patterns.
• Maintains highest level of data and regulatory integrity and proper internally/externally regulated operational controls. Keeps abreast of changes in the Fraud industry. Develops/leverages industry contacts to obtain peer intelligence and best practices
• Maintains knowledge of industry trends and practices in Fraud (preferred), Risk Management, Operations, and Technology.
• Interprets large amounts of complex data to formulate problem statement, concise conclusions regarding underlying risk dynamics, trends, and opportunities.
• Manages, develops, communicates, and implements optimal fraud strategies (including rules, cutoffs, policies, operational flows, etc.) to protect the credit union from fraud related losses and improve customer experience at Point of Sale.
• Identifies key risk indicators and metrics, develops key metrics, enhances reporting, and identifies new areas of analytic focus to better capture fraud.
• Collaborates with Digital Banking, Member Services, Loss Mitigation, Payments and Retail Delivery on ways to set appropriate controls, internal alerts and to mitigate risk and to process member fraud claims.
• Triages all inquiries ensuring that they are routed to the appropriated department and oversees the work flow ensuring timely and accurate processing.
• Ensures that actions taken, i.e. provisional credit and revocation of provisional credit is communicated to the member within regulatory guidelines.
• Performs other duties as requested by VP/Payments.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
• Critical thinking, high-caliber analysis and thought-leadership within the context of high transactional velocity and ability to identify fraud behavior from benign consumer behavior.
• Capability to understand the linkage between fraud prevention and member friction, how to institute strategies to optimize both, and codify these strategies so they can be socialized internally and manifested into operational processes.
• Ability to analyze, identify and recommend appropriate solutions to complex problems (e.g. systems, process, data translation). Ability to understand where changes can be recommended/implemented and what those changes should be; and ability to recognize where change is not possible and develop work-around.
• Proven track record in solving business problems, AND/OR, Project Management Skills - well-organized, structured approach. Ability to achieve tight timelines on complex deliverables.
• Ability to mine, clean, validate and analyze large datasets.
• Assist team efforts in the critical development of new fraud pattern or spending pattern detection tools
• Must have an inquisitive nature with a strong analytic background with a proven record of working with data to illustrate efficacy.
• Must be highly motivated and able to work within tight deadlines
• Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; this position may require discussions with our customers.
Apply on company website