SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Radiology Registered Nurse (RN) you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Overland Park Regional Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Radiology RN like you to be a part of our team.
Our Radiology team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity.
About this unit:
- Incredible team work – Each member of the team is crucial!
- Diversity of patients – Many different procedures- Most enjoyable part in the job to see the outcome of our patients and the see them recover
- Schedule is very flexible
The role of the Registered Nurse, under the direction of the Radiology Director and staff Radiologists is to:
- Provide patient care to any and all patients needing nursing supervision while in the Imaging Departments
- Provide nursing assistance and monitoring for any interventional procedures occurring within the bounds of the Imaging Departments.
- Provide pre-procedure patient information to the Radiologist and Cath Lab personnel for review prior to finalizing the appointment for the patient (outpatients).
- Provide pre-procedure instructions via phone to outpatients.
- Provide post-procedural follow up via phone to outpatients.
- Review outside images with Radiologists prior to the patient appointment time in order to ensure correct modality is utilized for ordered procedure
- Obtain necessary medical information from outside facilities for procedures
- Clarify orders
- Coordinate scheduling of procedures with Radiologists' schedule and room schedule in the Imaging Department and the Cath Lab Department.
- Provide nursing reports/handoff communication post procedure
- Maintain inventory of nursing supplies
- Be actively involved with establishing nursing policies and procedures.
- Monitor the department's crash carts and daily checklists.
- Collect and evaluate biopsy reports.
- Order dietary supplies for department
- Any other nursing duties deemed necessary
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with either an ADN or BSN degree.
- Must hold a current license from the Kansas Board of Nursing.
- ACLS required BLS required.
- Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiology Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website