DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Oviedo Medical Center, the state-of-the-art 64-bed acute care hospital, provides a full range of healthcare services to east Seminole County and surrounding communities. Services include medical and surgical inpatient units, robotic surgery, intensive care, medical cardiology, telemetry, cardiac catheterization, inpatient and outpatient surgery, women's services including labor and delivery, cardiopulmonary services, comprehensive diagnostic imaging and 24/7 emergency care. Oviedo Medical Center is designed with the patient in mind with personalized care, all private rooms and the newest medical technology available. *Oviedo Medical Center https://oviedomedicalcenter.com/ is located at the intersection of Red Bug Lake Road and State Road 426, adjacent to State Road 417 (Central Florida GreeneWay). The RN Intensive Care/Progressive Care is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. ICU/PCU is a 10-bed unit. Our number one goal is patient safety and satisfaction! You are expected to smile! Desired skills: 1- 3 previous RN critical care experience required. CCRN and recent ICU/PCU experience strongly preferred.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
- Minimum 1 year RN experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Current FL State RN License. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required
- Current PALS Certification required
- NIHSS Stroke Certification
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills, Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website