DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Food and Nutrition Services Clerk to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity
The FANS Clerk / Diet Clerk performs essential duties associated with the processing of menus and diet orders, patient information related to meal patterns, preferences, allergies, intolerance, religious or cultural food needs pertaining to the nutritional care and food service of all patients. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assists dietitians in screening of all new admissions and obtaining food preferences.
- Maintains computer systems with accurate and current data.
- Processes, modifies, collects and checks patient menus for each meal updating menus with most current information to assure compliance with dietary modifications and restrictions.
- Participates in meal services and/or other production related duties as needed.
- Maintains effective communication with patient and family. Ensures patients are informed of additional food item availability.
- Maintains proactive and effective communication with dietary team.
- An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets preferred.
- 1-2 years' experience as a Diet Tech strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Strong customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Palms of Pasadena Hospital opened more than forty years ago and has provided high-quality healthcare services for the people of St. Petersburg and the surrounding areas ever since. Over the years, the hospital has expanded to keep pace with community growth. Today the 307 bed hospital offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services along with specialty programs. Over 350 physicians, 700 employees and 200 volunteers share in the hospital's dedication to advanced care, improved technologies and medical expertise.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website