At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Brand Manager (Innovation) is responsible for clearly articulating Panda brand strategy inclusive of guest target and brand personality and positioning. This position is responsible for bringing brand vision and strategy to life through product innovation and core menu elevation strategy. The Brand Innovation Manager collaboratively develops a range of new product and evaluates and prioritizes ideas to generate a multi-year innovation pipeline. This position distills key category, consumer, and competitive insights, past product learnings, and operational understanding and trends to drive winning innovation and core menu items.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Responsible for clearly articulating Panda brand vision and strategy inclusive of our guest target and brand personality and positioning.
- Responsible for bringing brand vision and strategy to life through product innovation and core menu elevation; defines how new ideas complement the other elements of brand strategy to drive growth; acts as a brand steward, implementing consistency across all marketing touchpoints.
- Advises Director/Executive Director on brand and innovation strategies based on market trends, competitor insights, and brand learnings.
- Conducts research with internal and external insights partners to uncover innovation opportunities, evaluate product performance, and inform menu strategy; distills key category, consumer, and competitive insights, past product learnings, and operational understanding and trends to drive direction for winning innovation and core menu items.
- Partners with cross-functional stakeholders to generate concepts ideas and deliver best-in-class products. Manages idea generation, culinary exploration, feasibility assessments, innovation operational testing; delivers innovation testing recaps to document learnings for future initiatives.
- Delivers deep consumer and product insights to Communications Strategy and Commercial Engagement team for successful commercialization and launch.
- Contributes to Panda Express brand building initiatives as well as one satellite brand (e.g., Uncle Tetsu, Ipuddo, Tea Bar).
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field required; MBA preferred
• Minimum five years of directly applicable marketing and brand development experience preferably in a nationally branded retail/hospitality environment, with increasing managerial experience
• Extensive knowledge of marketing and restaurant operations
• Strong analytical and financial analysis skills
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong project management skills, including ability to lead cross-functional teams
• Strong public relations and communication skills and the ability to represent the company to external agencies
• Ability to influence marketing strategy and plans
• Ability to lead a marketing team and help team members grow and develop
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website