At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Lease Auditor is responsible for performing approximately 200 lease audits per year to ensure Panda is being accurately billed by landlords for store leases. This position prepares written reports covering audit recommendations and findings and provides clear and precise audit results. The Lease Auditor resolves audit findings with landlords and negotiates settlements, securing financial recoveries. This position makes cost reduction recommendations to Real Estate Legal & Property Management regarding selected audit issues and future lease negotiations.
Descriptions • Performs 200 desktop audits in addition to 10-20 onsite audits of landlords' books and record involving review of annual reconciliation of operating expenses; conducts expense analysis against lease language and market rates. Audits annual landlord reconciliation invoices for common area maintenance, real estate taxes, insurance, utilities, percent rent, etc. to identify obvious overcharges and ensures Panda has been accurately billed.
• Prepares written reports covering audit recommendations and findings. Obtains detailed documentation to validate all expenses charged; provides clear and precise audit results.
• Researches and obtains documents and information to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, lease, and standards.
• Communicates with landlords, operations, and legal departments to resolve audit findings and negotiate settlements.
• Provides guidance and answers questions that impact lease accounting during month-end close.
• Negotiates settlement and collection of overpayments uncovered during audits and coordinates audit resolutions with Accounting and other internal departments. Secures financial recoveries.
• Gathers information pertaining to lease language, historical payments and prior invoices to build an audit package for external auditors.
• Makes cost reduction recommendations to Real Estate Legal and Property Management regarding selected audit issues and future lease negotiations.
• Acts as the liaison between tenants and landlords regarding common areas and/or related billings and develops and maintains positive working relationships with landlords.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting, finance or real estate • Minimum five years of lease auditing experience, preferably in the hospitality industry Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey. Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-PA1
Apply on company website