The Development Design Manager is responsible for creating site designs for a regional market consistent with the company's brand standards, while adhering to cost, schedule, and operational requirements. This position manages 40-50 projects annually. The position manages consultants and coordinates with in-house Real Estate, Construction Managers, and Operations on the real estate development process.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities.
• Creates site designs that meet company standards within a regional market; manages 40 – 50 projects annually.
• Reviews/Analyzes due diligence information as the basis for developing preliminary site plan designs. Successfully negotiating with regulatory agencies to uphold Panda's brand standards.
• Coordinates with architectural and civil consultants to develop preliminary planning submittal packages for city review and approval.
• Hires and supervises outside consultant's work in terms of cost and quality of the construction documents.
• Presents designs to internal leadership team (RESAC), operations, regulatory agencies, and landlords.
• Partners with Construction and Real Estate to successfully manage regional store development pipeline. Exhibits leadership on triad calls and demonstrates drive for results.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Architecture, or related field
• Minimum five years of architectural and construction experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality environment, with increasing management responsibility
• Experience preparing and managing development projects, including: specific plans, zoning code amendments, design standards, construction documents, and all necessary entitlements
• Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
• Strong knowledge of site design, engineering, and real estate development
• Knowledge of permit and development procedures
• People management and team building skills
• Strong written, presentation, and graphic communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
• Strong project management skills
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Solve complex problems
• Conflict resolution
• Review a complete set of construction documents
• Collaborate with other departments and Operations (“win/win”)
• Demonstrate proactive behavior
• Embrace change and continuous learning
• Understand and interpret local jurisdiction regulations
The following are Panda Leadership Competencies for Manager (No Direct Reports)
• Motivating and Inspiring Others
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Standing Alone
• Business Acumen
• Peer Relationships
• Problem Solving
• Self Knowledge
• Customer Focus
• Integrity and Trust
• Contribute to building and sustaining the Panda Mission and Culture
• Complete projects within planned schedule and budget
• Effectively develop quality design work to meet company standards
• Develop one new consultant team in assigned region and train/coach the team on company brand standard
The following job titles or job categories are examples of potential career opportunities and are not intended as a guarantee of promotion. These career paths can change at any time.
• Senior Development Design Manager
Expected travel requirements: 30%
Apply on company website