Summary of Job Descriptions:
The Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for creating the overall recruitment strategy for identifying top Operations talent for management and hourly level associates for our Panda Express restaurants including new markets. This position establishes external relationships and networks and regularly identifies new candidate sources, including high schools, colleges, affinity groups, and diversity organizations, to increase the pipeline of high-quality Operations candidates. The Director leads a team of Talent Acquisition professionals focused on high volume recruitment to ensure successful attainment of recruitment goals and metrics. The Director is responsible for selecting, managing, coaching, and guiding the Talent Acquisition Team and assuring a strong partnership with Operations. The Director may travel to other locations to provide in-person recruitment support to Operations and/or to assist/train Field Recruiters
You'll get a chance to:
- Work closely with HR Partners and Operations leadership team (ACOs, RDOs, VPO) to establish and achieve Panda's annual staffing goals.
- Develop and execute recruitment strategies for attracting and hiring high-quality Operations team members, with a focus on management level candidates.
- Establish external relationships and networks with new sources regularly to ensure Panda becomes an employer of choice.
- Plan and direct campus/military recruitment activities conducted by Field Recruiters, including campus lobby time, campus presentations, student club activities, on campus interviews, career fairs, and related activities.
- Lead a team of Talent Acquisition professionals engaged in high volume recruitment of Operations management and non-management associates.
- Work with HR Partners and Operations leaders on hiring, training, and retaining recruiting staff.
- Provide both in-person and remote training and coaching to the Talent Acquisition Team.
- Direct the activities of Talent Acquisition Team who proactively identify and recruit diverse candidates for Operations management and non-management positions to ensure meeting the established staffing goals to keep pace with company growth and meet its business objectives.
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Team to build a strong candidate pipeline through internal and external relationships and a variety of sources.
- Oversee applicant screening using the Taleo system and best-in-class recruiting processes and systems to determine candidates' technical competence, applicable background, skills, and cultural fit.
- Direct recruiting team in pre-employment background and reference checks and testing.
- Oversee employment offers, managing the process for preparing and extending job offers conducted by the Talent Acquisition Team.
- Collaborate with HR Partners and Operations leadership on recruiting efforts and results.
- Prepare and provide reports on recruitment outcomes.
- Conduct on-site meetings as required.
How we reward you:
- Hybrid Work schedule
- 401K with company match
- Yearly bonus opportunity*
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance *
- On-site fitness center, biometric screen, and flu shot clinic
- Discounts at Panda restaurants, theme parks, and gym memberships
- Paid time off starting at 15 days with 7 federal holidays*
- Continuous education assistance and scholarships*
- Income protection including Disability, Life and AD&D insurance*
- Bereavement leave*
*Benefits available for eligible permanent full time associates
Your background & experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum ten years of increasing management responsibility for field recruiting in a retail restaurant/hospitality environment
- If hired, successful completion of annual store training
- If hired, must provide proof of full vaccination on your start date, unless prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Full vaccination means two weeks or more have passed after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series, or more than two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine. Examples of proof of full vaccination include an original, photocopied, or digital completed vaccination card which includes your name, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered.
Panda Strong since 1983
Founded in Glendale, California, we are now the largest family-owned American Chinese Restaurant concept in America. With close to 2,000 locations globally, we continue our mission of delivering exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives. Whether it's impacting our team or the communities we work in, we're proud to be an organization that embraces family values.
You're wanted here
We value diversity in all forms and know the strength it brings. Workplace equality allows for creative ideas to blossom, diverse points of view to be heard, and improves overall happiness. We like the sound of that.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, you are welcome here.
Apply on company website