Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Executive Director, Asset Protection is responsible for the company's Asset Protection function, protecting the company's integrity, people, processes, and assets from harm and loss. This position serves as the subject matter expert on a broad range of security standards and disciplines and drives all asset protection, loss control, and audit initiatives. The Executive Director, Asset Protection develops preventive strategies consistent with the business and internal controls. This position leads a team of directors, manager, and professionals, coaching and developing associates to elevate their performance to meet company growth strategies.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for the company's Asset Protection function, protecting the company's integrity, people, processes, and assets from harm and loss.
• Leads all Asset Protection associates, managing, coaching, and developing directors, managers, and professionals. Responsible for hiring and retaining, staff and developing, and elevating associate performance to support the company's growth strategies
• Responsible for overseeing company asset protection, security, and loss control policies and procedures. Stays current on asset protection and security trends, technology and processes, particularly in the retail/hospitality industry.
• Serves as the subject matter expert on a broad range of security standards and disciplines and drives all asset protection, loss control, and audit initiatives and strategic planning. Manages the AP budget.
• Develops preventive strategies consistent with the business and internal controls, including development and maintenance of analytical indicators of possible loss situations. Ensures consistency in philosophy and operation of loss prevention/audit functions enterprise-wide.
• Identifies security risks in the business environment and applies appropriate financial and managerial controls to mitigate those risks. Ensures that the organization is prepared for significant security incidents by developing regular periodic review and training programs.
• Bachelor's degree in related required (e.g., Business/Hospitality); Master's degree in Security or Asset Protection preferred
• Minimum twelve years of experience in corporate asset protection, preferably within the retail/hospitality industry
• CPP certification required
• Restaurant management experience or completion of GMIT Program
• Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
• Mastery of Asset Protection focused on people, property, and information security
• Strong knowledge of Operations audits (top line income and bottom line profit)
• Strong knowledge of fraud and theft investigation
• Strong knowledge of retail/hospitality industry and practices related to asset protection
• Strong knowledge of the business
• Strong leadership, people management, and team building skills, including ability to develop and coach management and non-management associates
• Strong relationship building skills, applied internally and externally
• Strong financial and project management and analysis skills
• Strong computer/technology skills and highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and functional software
• Ability to articulate the impact of Asset Protection on meeting the company's business goals
• Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, facilitation, interpersonal, training, and public speaking skills
• Ability to work with and advise senior leadership
• Ability to foster and courage diverse viewpoints and build consensus
• Ability to represent Asset Protection within the company and to the public
• Ability to manage complex projects and solve complex problems independently
• Ability to think strategically
• Ability to present to large groups within the company
• Ability to conduct complex negotiations
• Ability to source and manage security vendors
• Ability to conduct vulnerability assessments and implement security enhancements
• Ability to conduct investigations on a variety of crimes (felonies to misdemeanors)
• Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
The following are Panda Leadership Competencies for Executive Director:
• Sizing Up Others
• Problem Solving
• Priority Setting
• Organizational Agility
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Presentation Skills
• Developing Direct Reports and Others
• Motivating and Inspiring Others
• Building Effective Teams
• Caring about direct reports
• Integrity and Trust
• Contribute to building and sustaining the Panda Mission and Culture
• Effectively select and develop AP associates
• Senior leadership/Operations satisfaction with AP initiatives
• AP strategies developed consistent with industry standards
• Application of appropriate financial and managerial controls to mitigate company risk
POTENTIAL CAREER PROGRESSION:
The following job titles or job categories are examples of potential career opportunities and are not intended as a guarantee of promotion. These career paths can change at any time.
• Vice President, Asset Protection or Operations Services
Office conditions; travel to new stores and stores under construction or being remodeled as well as Operations regional meetings: 40% - 50%
Apply on company website