At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Field Human Resources team is seeking a new member to support the surrounding states of Atlanta, Georgia.
The Field Human Resources team member will partner with our Regional Director and Area Coaches to lead and support recruiting and staffing initiatives, employee relations, and leadership development in the region. This position will require 70% or more traveling, with some overnight traveling (about 10%) to nearby states. Must be available for an 8 week continuous store operations training program in a Panda restaurant and further training to be done in the corporate office in Rosemead, CA. Currently this position will be responsible for about 100+ stores.
Restaurant, Food Service, Retail or Manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Develops and executes regional staffing plan to ensure both internal and external pipeline of management candidates to meet the demands of projected growth
- Analyzes local labor market and identifies special market dynamics to develop sourcing and hiring tactics, ensures all hiring decision makers abide to the Company hiring objectives
- Coaches and advises the leadership team on performance management issues such as hiring, associate performance, career and personal development, resolving associate concerns, and termination
- Investigates associate complaints and disputes
- Solves routine problems in HR; takes initiative to modify procedures and processes as appropriate
- Partners in the facilitation of People Planning to evaluate internal candidates and identify high potential associates
- Conducts field visits, interviews, and exit interviews to understand opportunities for improved retention
- Conducts/facilitates local training and development sessions as needed
- Follows up consistently with new hires to ensure adequate and proper training.
- Is a road warrior
- Bachelor's degree is a must
- 3 to 5 years of HR experience including strong recruiting and employee relations, preferably in a retail/ restaurant environment
- Demonstrates solid understanding of employment laws
- Professional presence; polished communication skills and proven ability to effectively deal with senior level management
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent listening and assessment skills
- Confidence and ability to influence others, facilitate processes, and coach/advise managers
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred (but not required.)
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principals of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website