At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The HR Communications Coordinator provides project management and administrative support to the HR team. The role includes day-to-day listening, moderating, and engaging in Panda's social employer communities. The HR Coordinator coordinates HR projects by monitoring project status, budget, and resource utilization and reports status to the CPO and other senior HR leaders. The HR Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the entertainment discount program, Panda Bookstand, and Panda Gym. This job may also perform administrative duties as required.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
• Provides administrative coordination to the CPO/CIO and his leadership team. Handles invoice approval and payment and prepares CPO/CIO expense reports. Organizes the SVP's office and filing system to maximize efficiency and easy access to needed information.
• Oversees Panda Bookstand to maintain an adequate inventory of books used for Panda School of Learning, Panda Future Leaders Luncheon, and Panda Learning Sessions. Oversees the schedule, payment to instructors, and advertisement of classes for the Panda Gym.
• Provides day-to-day listening, moderating, and engaging in Panda's social employer communities, including Glassdoor, Indeed, and others. Reviews social media commentary to determines whether to route it to an appropriate PRG team to address or to respond to the commentary directly to ensure employee and candidate concerns are properly addressed
• Identifies areas of opportunities related to employer brand and candidate experience and clearly communicates with appropriate Support Center and Operations management to improve the interview experience based on analysis of metrics, regional feedback and competitor landscape research.
• Gathers information and research for the CPO and VP, HR as the basis for presentations and reports. Prepares Turnover Reports and prepares recaps on CEO interviews and feedback.
• Assists the HR Leaders in preparing presentations for the Leaders Conference and other company events (ex. Balance Scorecard Review).
• Performs administrative duties in support of HR leadership as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, HR or related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum one to two years of work experience, preferably in a retail/hospitality environment
• Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website