Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The RD Strategy Manager is an Integral member of the Development team, influencing real estate expansion by managing and conducting market planning efforts and supporting real estate field staff with sales and impact forecasting tools and analysis. This position manages and conducts market prioritization efforts. The RD Strategy Manager recruits and manages outside analytical and software consulting services and serves as a resource for Site Wise, the dilution model, and new store decision making. This position is also responsible for leading the annual Long Range Planning sessions and liaises with Real Estate and Operations teams. The RD Strategy Manager position manages a team of Real Estate Analysts, coaching and developing associates to elevate their performance to meet the company's growth strategies.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
• Evaluates analytic consultants and data / software vendors on an annual basis and develops new relationships to expand and grow our stable of real estate tools (i.e. Tango, Expesite, Sitewise, eSite, etc.). Manages vendors to ensure performance meets Panda's needs.
• Leads annual Long Range Planning sessions and overall Development plan preparation, a cross-functional effort that ensures organization alignment on growth goals between Development, Marketing, and Operations.
• Formulates analytical approach and manages the US market and potential new site prioritization.
• Manages real estate research and the development and maintenance of site selection tools. Ensures tools and underlying datasets needed to geographically display existing stores and market plans are maintained in an easily accessible platform. Ensures timely data updates and smooth GIS system operation.
• Manages a team of Real Estate Analysts, coaching and developing associates to elevate their performance to meet the company's growth strategies. Trains the RE Analysts and RE Managers how to properly conduct post opening sales assessments and review results for accuracy prior to communication.
• Manages mobile data customer surveys, including processing new data sets, maintaining data sets on mapping platforms, and providing impact projections and reports to Real Estate Managers and Development Leadership.
• Creates ad hoc analyses to improve real estate site selection and to broaden the business understanding of potential growth vehicles, including new restaurant concepts or alternative real estate types.
• Leads initiatives such as the Real Estate Roadshow training sessions with Real Estate Managers, RDOs, and ACOs to ensure a common methodology and approach to site selection (GIS, Comp Model, Impact Model). Creates training modules and oversees training sessions as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent in education and experience.
• Minimum five years of related experience (GIS, Cartography, Business Research, Retail Planning), preferably in a multi-state, multi-entity retail/hospitality environment, with increasing management responsibility
• Successful completion of annual store training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to demonstrate and teach Panda's Mission, Values, and Culture
• Strong knowledge of business and real estate
• Strong knowledge of real estate site planning and selection using a variety of analytical tools
• Knowledge of retail/hospitality industry and practices and restaurant operations
• Strong computer/technology skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Photoshop
• Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills
• Strong analytical and financial analysis skills
• Strong project management and teamwork skills
• Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, interpersonal, and listening skills
• Leadership, people management, and team building skills, including the ability to develop and coach non-management associates
• Strong relationship building skills applied internally and externally
• Ability to work effectively with senior leadership
• Ability to think strategically
• Ability to solve complex problems independently
• Ability to effectively influence and facilitate processes
• Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Ability to work with third party consultants and agencies
• Ability to work positively with Operations and other departments (“win/win”)
• Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Apply on company website