The CFT Senior Design Manager is responsible for creating CFT new real estate development designs for a regional market consistent with the company's brand standards while adhering to cost, schedule, and operational requirements. This position manages 10-15 projects. The Design Manager manages consultants and coordinates with in-house Real Estate, Project Managers, and Operations on the planning and production process of creating high quality site plan layouts and civil drawings that conform to CFT standards. This position manages Project Designers in addition to managing their own.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
- Creates designs (or remodels) that meet company standards within a regional market; manages 10 – 15 projects annually. Presents at Pre-RESAC and RESAC for committee approval. Present at city meetings for project approval. Works with CFT leasing and PRG design team on layout and design intent and coordinates with Project Managers and consultants to ensure proper execution of design intent and end in mind. Manages one to two business improvement initiatives, such as prototype or new concept development.
- Manages Design Managers, Senior Project Designers, and Design Coordinators, overseeing Design Managers' and Senior Project Designers' projects in addition to managing their own projects. Responsible for assisting with the hiring and retention of staff. Develops and elevates associate performance to support the company's growth strategies.
- • Works with consultants directly in managing due diligence and entitlement process for all CFT new developments projects. Reviews due diligence information from Real Estate Managers as the basis for developing preliminary designs, such as floor plans and site plan evaluations. Coordinates with consultants and Real Estate Managers to develop preliminary planning submittal packages for city review and approval.
- Hires and supervises outside consultants' work in terms of cost and quality and approves all invoices at due diligences phase prior to RESAC approval. Coordinates with end in mind to manage design intent. Monitors the accuracy and schedules for consultants' production of construction drawings and reviews construction documents for design intent.
- Obtains approvals of preliminary designs from Leadership, regulatory agencies, and 3rd parties (sellers and developers). Coordinates conceptual design packages for city review and approval in coordination with consultants and Real Estate ManagersLILI-ZP1
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Architecture, or Civil Engineering or related field required.
- Minimum seven years of architectural and construction experience, including design management experience in a retail/hospitality environment, with increasing management responsibility
- Successful completion of annual store training
Apply on company website