At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving. Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng. Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company. DESCRIPTION: The Sr. Workplace Paralegal provides legal support to the Workplace/Corporate Litigation team related to litigation, disputes, government investigations/audits, settlements, employment and labor issues, and policies and procedures related to workplace compliance issues. This position performs a variety of paralegal work, including but not limited to: tracking data; coordinating summaries of the Workplace Team's activities related to all litigation/disputes for reporting to the General Counsel, Senior Team or the Board; drafting and/or reviewing contracts/settlement agreements, company policies and other legal documents; follows up on, negotiates and resolves disputes related to potential litigation (i.e., low exposure issues like guest complaints and/or EEO complaints); and conducts legal research, under the supervision of an attorney. The Sr. Workplace Paralegal supports other departments on minor legal issues.
- Coordinates responses to litigation requests using legal software. Provides broad support to all litigation (discovery, legal research, etc.).
- Reviews, negotiates and prepares contracts (a variety of settlement agreements related to, for example, guest complaints, EEOC complaints, wage and hour complaints) for attorney review.
- Assists in all aspects of team litigation/dispute resolution tasks such as coordinating discovery and e-discovery issues, managing and reviewing subpoena requests, docketing relevant deadlines in litigation or other non-litigation, compliance, and investigation/audit matters.
- Supports other departments on minor legal issues
- Reviews and/or drafts and revises company policies or other HR-related documents (travel and expense, relevant workplace policies or documents for Operations and Support Center, outside counsel billing guidelines, etc.).
- Manages and negotiates vendor relationship challenges as relevant to the Workplace/Corporate Litigation functions, such as, litigation holds, e-discovery platforms, and matter management system.
- Conducts legal research and special projects in support of the Workplace/Corporate Litigation team (employment law research, tracking employment claims for insurance purposes, new vendors, etc.).
- Manages the billing process with outside counsel, reviewing reports generated by specialized legal billing software.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience.
- Paralegal certification required.
Apply on company website