DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Document Imaging Manager
Job Summary – The HIM Document Imaging Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and overall strategy for the HIM Service Center (HSC) Document Imaging process. The HIM Document Imaging Manager manages, directs, and coordinates the operations of the HIM Document Imaging employees servicing multiple hospitals. The HIM Document Imaging department generally operates 360 days a year; however, this can vary according to Shared Service Center (SSC)/HSC policies.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees. The Document Imaging Manager plans, assigns, and directs the HIM document imaging workflow; actively monitors employee performance and rewards or disciplines accordingly; addresses complaints and resolves problems, and actively oversees and manages production and quality control efforts.
Supervisor – Shared Services Center (SSC) Director responsible for back office document imaging (e.g., Support Services Director); HSC Document Imaging Director.
Supervises – Document Imaging Leads and Document Imaging Technicians.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Provides direct managerial oversight to HIM Document Imaging Leads and HIM Document Imaging Technicians in management of work queues, work processes, and overall work responsibilities.
• Responsible for operational activities relating to HIM Document Imaging including: workflow, queue maintenance, quality control/management, and productivity monitoring.
• Coaches and develops team members; helps resolve dysfunctional behavior and promote teamwork within functional area(s); disciplines and counsels staff as necessary.
• Proactively manages (including corresponding communications and escalation paths) status of projects, barriers, and successes.
• Actively manages and monitors HIM Document Imaging process and performance as outlined in HSC policy and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Selects, evaluates, trains, and provides leadership and direction to reporting staff.
• Responsible for continuous review and improvement of processes and services in support of the company's overall HSC Document Imaging strategic vision.
• Responsible for ensuring employee work schedules sufficiently meet requirements as established by the HSC Leadership team and through executed SLAs.
• Monitors HIM Document Imaging performance according to established productivity and quality standards as defined in policies and procedures and SLAs. Provides timely and consistent performance feedback to Document Imaging staff.
• Facilitates problem solving and collaboration within functional area(s).
• Works closely with members of the HSC Leadership Team in addressing issues related to accurate and timely medical record receipt and HIM Document Imaging processing in support of all HSC operational processes.
• Responsible for ensuring staff compliance with documented and established workflow guidelines.
Assists in the development of strategy, specific goals, objectives, budgets and performance standards for the Document Imaging functions.
• Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements to decrease costs and improve service for applicable stakeholders.
• Completes and conducts performance reviews for direct reports.
• Ensures safe work practices are being followed.
• Coordinates training and education for HIM Document Imaging Lead and Document Imaging Technicians.
• Works with multi‐disciplinary teams in addressing issues related to HSC Operations and HIM Document Imaging.
• Performs all personnel management activities related to document imaging functions.
• Ensures that all Federal, State, and Local laws pertaining to patient privacy are adhered to.
• Leverage the Parallon Productivity Tool to manage departmental productivity. Ensure Document Imaging staff member other productive time is used appropriately by ensuring 100% of entries are reviewed and approved.
• Promptly reports issues or trends to the Support Services Director/Document Imaging Director, the appropriate member of the HSC Leadership team, or other appropriate parties.
• Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
• Other duties as assigned
QualificationsEducation and Experience • High School degree or GED required
• Undergraduate degree strongly preferred
• Minimum 3 years experience in hospital HIM strongly preferred
• Minimum of 3 years management/leadership experience required
• RHIA or RHIT preferred
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA Healthcare, a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#ParallonBCOM
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website