The Release Management Project Manager delivers and supports new solutions that are aimed at increasing feature usage and improving our customer and employee experience at Paycom. This position is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and monitoring release activities of multiple product teams involved in the implementation of product features and initiatives that support business critical operational functions.
- Schedule and lead the orchestration planning of complex release deployment and maintenance activities.
- Provide timely and accurate communication including status updates, system availability, and completion notifications.
- Coordinate daily with internal stakeholders, consult with Marketing, internal training teams, etc., on release communications and activities.
- Collaborate with product teams to manage schedules and work requests surrounding deployments.
- Consult on user impact and best practices when changing or implementing new solutions.
- Lead weekly meetings that range from large group to small groups displaying the recent feature releases.
- Identify high priority items and build project plan for each release based on the characteristics of the project and development item.
- Maintain item tracker items and ensure that all relevant data is kept up to date (estimated development time, approval source, assignments, etc.)
- Provide deep analysis of variable factors and proactive risk management for high risk projects; recommend potential solutions to issues; following established escalation procedures.
- Provide clear direction to internal teams to ensure all releases are deployed similarly to ensure full adoption and client usage of each feature.
- Work with colleagues to identify changing requirements and ensure that appropriate parties are updated on project modifications.
- Forlarge and complex projects, create and maintain a project breakout and timeline. Coordinate with internal departments to ensure each piece gets done on time and expectations are managed.
- Plan product demos and showcases to inform stakeholders of development changes to begin training & development creation.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 4+ years of experience working in a technical or software implementation role or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with project management software
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience managing projects – software/technical projects
- Ability to motivate teams and manage projects with a calm and reassuring demeanor.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing between various business and technical teams
- Strong technical, project management, business analysis and organizational skills
- Able to work independently as well as cross-functionally in an organization to successfully implement projects
- Proficient in the use of agile Project management software (e.g. Jira, Wrike, MS Project)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; high attention to detail; ability to clearly and confidently explain new concepts to audiences
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Well organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Customer Friendly Attitude
- Problem solving
- Adaptable to growth and change
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department. ****To learn more about Paycom's affirmative action policy, equal employment opportunity, or to request an accommodation - Click on the link to find more information: paycom.com/careers/eeoc
Apply on company website