Working as a trusted, independent advisor with management, the successful candidate will know how to apply risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered, while identifying potential issues. As part of Paycom's Internal Audit Department, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and completing internal audits, as part of the internal audit plan. This responsibility includes working with auditees to identify key business risks, developing internal audit project scope and work programs, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. The Senior Internal Auditor may direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel.
Actively participate on and at times lead internal audit teams responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting results of financial, compliance, operational, and strategic internal audits. This includes:
- Analyzing processes and controls
- Identifying improvement opportunities
- Preparing and reviewing work papers
- Developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls, improve business processes, and verify that proper internal control safeguards are in place
- Prepare reports to communicate the results and recommendations to management
- Identify high risk areas and communicate to the Internal Audit Director
- Presenting results to management
- Assist with the evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of the Company's internal controls over financial reporting.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
- Participate in consultative assessments and special projects as needed.
- May participate in or lead internal audits or special projects conducted by outside consultants.
- Provides input and assists the Internal Audit Director with planning and organizing department activities, risk assessment, and annual internal audit plan.
- Resolve issues with management and follow up on action plans and recommendations.
- Develop positive working relationships throughout the organization.
- Develop understanding and knowledge of the industry and Paycom to help identify risks and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Internal Audit Director.
- A bachelor's level college degree is required. The degree should preferably be in business with a concentration in accounting or finance. Other bachelor level degrees are acceptable based upon the Individual's professional qualifications and experience.
- Professional certifications consummate with an audit background (i.e. CPA, CIA, etc.) are required or willingness to work toward certification.
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of internal audit experience and/or industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance, and internal control areas. Public accounting and/or internal audit experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques of internal auditing, accounting, and operations.
- Ability to understand the business risks that Paycom faces and develop internal audit strategies to address the risks.
- Work in a professional team atmosphere that focuses on collaboration, accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong business judgment and the highest level of integrity.
- Ability to work with a high potential internal audit group in a team-oriented environment and also individually.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares experiences with others.
- Ability to work in high pressure domestic environments.
- Ability to skillfully manage potentially contentious interactions.
- Experience in business and accounting/control practices and IT controls.
- Understanding of internal controls and control frameworks.
- Ability to identify underlying cause of issues.
- Ability to develop and mentor staff.
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Action orientated and results focused.
- Advance multiple activities concurrently and be flexible.
- Strong time management, organizational, and project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information, and challenges.
- Manage highly confidential information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website