The Supply Chain Managerwill be on-site and manage a single customer account and execute the day to dayoperations which have Penske-wide implications and impact. The position will bethe primary operational and strategic account owner as viewed by both Penskeand Customer. Customer operation consists of but not limited to inboundshipment of parts and all the various entities utilized to perform such work(Suppliers, 3PL's, Carriers, etc.)
The Supply Chain Manageris responsible to provide tactical direction and leadership to ensure customerrequirements are met.
- Utilize leadershipskills to align, develop and lead a diverse workforce to a common goal.
-Responsible forday-to-day execution of all assigned activities. Monitors carrier performanceto optimize value delivered to the customer. Quickly resolve any operationsissues to eliminate production loss or transportation service failures &communicate with customer.
- Understand freightflows and a diverse carrier base to solve complex customer supply chainchallenges.
- Review operatingmetrics and fix out-of-tolerance results.
- Ability to multi-taskand prioritize in time sensitive situations in a fast-paced environment
- Providing detailedinstruction to various personnel via email and phone
- Complying withinstructions to ensure accuracy
- Communicating withassociates from other shifts
- Completing daily logsand trackers
- Identifying costsavings opportunities for the customer
- High sense of urgencytracking shipments to ensure on time delivery is met
- Other projects andtasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain required
- 5 - 7 years related functional experience in multiple supply chain service lines (transportation, warehousing, LLP, etc), required.
- 5 - 7 years managerial or supervisory experience, required.
- A strong understanding of operations and supporting technology, especially web based applications.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management and systems
- Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to meet & exceed weekly and monthly performance goals.
- Must be able to work with other departments to increase overall productivity for the company.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Skill in the operation of MS Office software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website