We Are Hiring: Critical Care Tech - OMH ICU - .6 FTE (Days)
Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital's Intensive Care Unit is a 16 bed, “blended” unit which includes medical surgical intensive care beds and intermediate care beds.
Schedule Details: 12 hr days 0700 - 1900, every other weekend rotation and holiday rotation
Why Join ProHealth Care:
We have nearly 5,000 dedicated clinical and non-clinical employees and physicians who work together every day to serve the health and well-being of our community. At ProHealth Care everyone contributes to the care our patients receive. And, everyone is treated with kindness and respect in our welcoming environment.
This Position Will Offer You:
- Engaging and community focused culture
- Competitive Salaries
- Opportunity for professional career growth
- Robust benefits including: Generous PTO; Choices in insurance; HSA; Tuition reimbursement; immediate 401K match; discounted tickets to various entertainment, social and sporting events
What You Will Do:
The Critical Care Technician provides care to patients in a high-acuity, Intensive Care Unit. Provide quality nursing care to patients; implement specific procedures and programs; coordinate patient care within the department, as well as with other departments.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the RN or Physician with special procedures such as DMR care, Emptying drains, suctions of chest tubes
- Set up sterile field and assist physicians with line placements and chest tube insertions
- Phlebotomy – drawing blood from arterial lines as delegated
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (i.e., dressing, toileting, positioning and nourishment)
- Discontinue arterial lines, sheaths, Foley catheters, and I.V's
- Insertion of peripheral IV's and Foley Catheters
- Stock room and unit with supplies
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma – or equivalent
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Click here to learn more about working at ProHealth Care.
ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website