PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
This position reports to either the Controller, Accounting Supervisor, or Finance Manager. Under supervision, the position performs various general ledger accounting functions, financial statement preparation, account analysis and reconciliations, and assists in the preparation of schedules for financial reporting.
- Ability to review, edit and discuss financial matters with supervisors.
- Prepare written reports, calculate and interpret financial data and analyze financial accounts.
- A self-starter with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage/meet multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel spreadsheet skills, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, professional attitude, and attention to detail.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box; leading to new ideas/solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts or Science (B.A. or B.S.) in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- 2 – 3 years hospital/healthcare accounting experience desired.
Apply on company website