DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Pinewood Springs is a 60 bed, 49,900 square foot Hospital serving both Adult and Adolescent patients. A part of Maury Regional Health, Pinewood Springs is located in Columbia, TN, between Nashville and Huntsville. Pinewood Springs will serve a region consisting of more than a quarter-million people in Southern Middle Tennessee.
Pinewood Springs in Columbia, TN is looking for a Psychiatric Technician.
Shift Details: Full-Time, Mixed Shifts with Rotating Weekends
The Psychiatric Technician provides supervision and direction to emotionally and behaviorally challenged adults in a compassionate and respectful environment. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate skills in the areas of relationship building, appropriate boundaries and role modeling with adults
- Demonstrate care, compassion, respect, integrity, truthfulness and ethical behavior with adults as well as interactions with other staff members.
- Supervise daily routines and responsibilities of adults and ensure performance of daily self-care tasks, and assist when necessary.
- Participates in implementing and carrying out individualized treatment plans as well as daily treatment schedules and programming.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
- Displays respect for patient's integrity, patient information and patient rights.
- Escorts patients to and from scheduled activities in a safe and professional manner.
- Assists with maintaining the cleanliness of the unit.
- Utilizes appropriate skills in telephone etiquette when answering the telephone, making sure to record correct messages and pass along to appropriate staff, including patient inquiries.
- Demonstrate efficiency in maintaining support services, which are vital to effective program operation.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a safe environment
- Lead appropriate treatment groups and activities.
- Document on patient progress in groups, including 15 min checks.
- Appropriately check in patients and inventory of patient belongings.
- Supports restraint free environment utilizing preventative measures and de-escalation skills/techniques.
- Follows HCA Code of Conduct and professional work health environment standards.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Prior experience in behavioral health.
- CPI (within 30 days of hire)
- BLS (within 90 days of hire)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website