DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse (RN) Special Procedures-Interventional Radiology Full-Time No Weekend FTE 1.0
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation, FL Facility Description:
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Radiology Nurse assumes, under the direction of the Medical Director and the Director of Medical Imaging Services, the
initiation and/or continuance of patient care in the Imaging Department for patients of all ages, including neonate, pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric, as required. The Radiology Nurse is also responsible for the injection of contrast media and any
medications or sedations, which the patient may require while in the Imaging Department. As a Registered Nurse in the Special Procedures department, some of your tasks will be to:
- Observe and document on all patients under sedation.
- Complete nursing assessment in Meditech.
- Give accurate and concise patient care reports.
- Check crash cart and respiratory box, replaces outdated and missing items as needed.
- Provide for patient safety at all times.
- Demonstrate a calm, professional manner during a crisis or emergency 100% of the time.
- Ensure all Pyxis discrepancies will be resolved before ending shift or leaving facility.
- Maintain documented competency in BLS, PALS and ACLS as per American Heart Association.
- Incorporate patient safety and performance improvement into work practices.
- Actively participates on a Performance/Process Improvement team or project.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the occurrence/incident reporting system and follows established time frame for completion.
- Consistently display the behaviors that enhance the image of the organization as evidenced by professional and courteous behavior toward all customers including co-workers.
- Take pride in the hospital's physical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, adheres to, and exhibits behavior that reflects the values and the Company's Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate an understanding of HIPAA and confidentiality by following all of the privacy policies and procedures designed to protect patient information.
- Demonstrates understanding of the National Patient Safety Goals and if applicable Core Measures.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment utilizing proper infection control procedures at all times.
- Adhere to hospital and departmental dress code (HR policy 703.1) Wear unobstructed name badge at all times while on duty.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Deal with conflict appropriately and privately.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification.
- Two (2) year Associate Degree in Nursing (ASN) required
- Four (4) year Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Ability to work with patients of all ages preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience preferred.
- ICU/CCU/OR/Imaging experience preferred.
- Sedation experience Pediatric and Adults preferred.
- Knowledge of sterile technique and the ability to circulate and scrub for interventional procedures required.
- The ability to communicate well and multi-task required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website