SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN)
PRN FTE 0.001
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.Job Description:
We are looking for a dedicated passionate Registered Nurse (RN) to take care of our patients in the recovery room. In addition to general nursing duties, this nurse is responsible for caring for patients immediately post-operatively. As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Recovery Room, some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Administer medication.
- Develop care plans and implements according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Provide standard of care per established Plantation General Hospital policies and unit specific competencies.
- Recognize and responds to changes in patient's hemodynamic status timely and involves anesthesiologist as appropriate.
- Assist anesthesiologists with blood patches, chronic & acute pain injections, and various parenteral lines as necessary.
- Be aware of extubation criteria & implements when appropriate.
- Current RN License in the State of Florida
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Two (2) year Associate Degree (ASN)
- Four (4) year Bachelor Degree (BSN) preferred
One (1) year of general nursing experience required
- One (1) year of PACU/critical care experience preferred
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certification
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website