DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Poinciana Medical Center is a four-story, 150,000 square foot hospital with 70 private beds and a six-bed private ICU. We provide a full range of acute care services including emergency services, inpatient and outpatient diagnostic imaging, inpatient and outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, laboratory, pharmacy, and a full range of support services. Our ED is approximately 14,500 square feet and consists of 22 private treatment rooms, an EMS entrance and a helicopter pad.
Responsible direction, and leadership of the fiscal facility operations and maintaining proper financial controls to ensure reliable and accurate financial reporting and integrity of financial services and applications Formulates and administers general accounting practices in adherence with corporate accounting policy (APG) and internal audit guidelines; interprets data, and prepares financial analyses of operations for the guidance of management.
- Provides direction to Accounting and coordinates accounting functions with the Business Offices. Implements recommendations made by the CFO in these areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled
- Assists the Hospital CFO in the development of long and short range operations plan which may include service demand analysis, resources availability analyses, and cost benefit analyses, resources availability analyses, and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions
- Participates in the development of long and short-range operational budgets that are supported by the hospital's long and short-range plans and objectives. Suggests budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital. Identifies undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and communicates information to the appropriate personnel. Interacts and works with others to implement changes as necessary
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports, including work papers for annual financial audit and cost report. Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital
- Assumes an active role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data and associated reports required by government and other regulating agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports, and third-party payor cost reports
- Oversees and maintains accounting internal control and other business office systems and procedures assuring uniform and correct internal reporting
- Responsible for direction of the monthly accounting close in an accurate and timely manner, including preparation of all month-end financial reports.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and remains current on Medicare reimbursement and cost report regulations. Responsible for accurate and up-to-date accounting and statistical records for all reimbursement areas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Three to five years in hospital fiscal services.
- Three years at supervisory level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must manifest problem-solving abilities and decisive leadership. Professional accounting skills. Computer skills as well as verbal and communication skills
- Superior time management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Good organizational skills; ability to read comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions; demonstrates good customer relations and analytical skills.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website