DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Behavioral Health Unit. Submit your application today!
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.Portsmouth Regional is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A' Hospital Safety Grade. Why We Love Working at Portsmouth Regional Hospital Manager - Behavioral Health Unit
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Nurse Manager assumes responsibility for all functions in the assigned unit. In collaboration with the director and members of the medical staff, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of quality of patient care services provided in the department by all levels of practitioners. The nurse manager in the assigned unit:
- Initiates, guides, and directs the coordination of all functions for the assigned unit.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided in the assigned unit.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within the department based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Department of Nursing Standards in collaboration with the Director
Additional Information about our Behavioral Health Unit:
- 30 bed-unit with over 1,000 patients served each year
- Nurse to patient ratio based on acuity
- We are proud of our 82.5% patient satisfaction rating
- Majority of patients seen for acute mood and thought disorder, with other services including: eating disorder program, substance abuse and depression
- We care for voluntary and involuntary patients
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Manager to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
QualificationsEducation Required and/or Preferred:
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Bachelors Degree with 10 years of relevant experience
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance
- Minimum three years of experience in area of specialty with emphasis on leadership and management
- Current Registered Nurse License in New Hampshire or compact state
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and Student Loan Assistance.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.” HCA is a family of 270,000 people strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website