Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryUnder direct supervision, configures programs, screens, pathways, reports, and/or job instructions to meet detailed user specifications. Supports I/S Epic Analysts in providing technical assistance to customer departments and maintains databases for one or more applications supported by the team. Works with assigned departments to prioritize development initiatives and activities. Maintains system hardware and /or software for one or more of the supported applications. Working with more advanced Analysts, provides analysis of workflow, recommends solutions, and implements application solutions to meet departmental needs. Coordinates and resolves system problems related to technology used by assigned systems. Supports internal customers in such functional areas including, but not limited to, nursing, ancillary departments, Physician practice, patient accounting, medical records, finance, human resources, purchasing, sales, and contracts. Assists in managing system upgrades and other small projects.
- Performs the following under moderate to heavy supervision by the IS Project Manager and/or IS Senior Epic Analyst: Provides user functionality by maintaining application tables/ profiles/ dictionaries, builds screens and/or pathways, and develops application support procedures to support customer requirements. - 25%
- Performs the following with moderate supervision by the IS Project Manager and/or IS Senior Epic Analyst: Supports customer relations and resolving customer issues related to software applications before involving the Manager. Interacts with users to develop plans to resolve their problems regarding the use of applications. - 25%
- Functions as a technical liaison with the respective vendors for all implementation and post implementation activities of specific Epic modules. Functions as a department contact and provides project management support as required. - 20%
- Performs the following with moderate supervision by the I/S Project Manager and/or I/S Sr. Epic Analyst; Participate in Prisma Health disaster recovery planning for assigned applications of support - 5%
- Complete tasks on time and meet assignment dates. Accurately checks processes and tasks and ensures data integrity for assigned Epic and/or legacy applications, testing to ensure new code does not impact previous version or other systems - 20%
- Optional where appropriate: Create training materials. Incorporate various learning techniques to achieve desired outcomes. Continually assesses curriculum to ensure users are able to pick up the knowledge needed to succeed when using the systems - 5%
- This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
- Bachelor's Degree - information services, health administration, business administration, health sciences or a related field .
- Required to obtain and maintain an EPIC module certification as required by the position. Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
- In lieu of the educational and experience requirements listed above an Associate's Degree in Computer Science or a directly related field and 2 years of Related Information Technology experience in a Business, Computer Science, or Clinical field/setting; or a High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years related Information Technology experience in a Business, Computer Science, or Clinical field/setting may be considered
Other Required Sills and Experience
- Microsoft Office products - Required
- SQL database knowledge; Project management software, concepts and tracking; Health Care Software Applications - Preferred
- Related Information Technology experience in a business, computer science or health care setting - Preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Department70019418 ITS Financial Access Systems
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website