Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides routine, standardized nursing care for patients under the supervision of the physician.
- Assists physicians with examinations, procedures and other activities related to direct patient care.
- Arranges for patient appointments for diagnostic testing, consults, referrals and admission to hospital.
- Monitors and maintains stock of medical supplies and proper functioning of equipment. .
- Documents patient's vital statistics and other encounter data into patient chart and ensures that all required records are in the chart. Obtains brief medical history and chief complaint from patients.
- Calls in prescriptions for patients according to physician order.
- Promotes positive health behaviors and self care skills through patient education.
- Prepares exam rooms with appropriate instruments, supplies and equipment. Cleans exam rooms between procedures and exams.
- Receives and returns clinically related telephone calls; screening and forwarding those requiring physician action.
- Completes medical/physical history forms and other related information for insurance companies.
- Informs physician of changes in schedule.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Post high school education up to 18 months: Post high school education in an accredited school of nursing
Prior surgical, wound care, or plastic surgery experience
South Carolina LPN License (Lawson Code NLPN)
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Location2 Medical Park Rd Richland
Facility3491 Surgical 2 Med Park 302
Department34911000 Surgical 2 Med Park 302-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website