Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThis is an entry level position in which incumbents are responsible for aspects of Physician Practice front office management and operation as assigned. May be responsible for some or all front office functions as detailed in the next section. Are you patient focused? Willing to learn and share duties? Do you have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills? We are looking for Patient Services Representatives to provide "Cheerful Mobility" staffing for Prisma Health locations in Greenville, Spartanburg and Oconee Counties. The Ambulatory Internal Resource Pool is a team that floats to various physician practice sites and receives a float pay differential. Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25 miles one way from their home for an assignment. We need team members who are available for a minimum of any three (8) hour shifts per week, Monday through Friday, for PRN assignments. This position allows for networking with practice managers, providers, and practice-based team members across Prisma Health and also creates opportunity for expanding skill sets within a variety of specialty practices. If interested, please apply! Accountabilities
* Responsible for complete and accurate patient registration, precertification, charge capture and accurately coding
diagnoses given by physicians. Responsible for posting all payments and balancing with the computer reports at
day end. Requires a high level of public contact and excellent interpersonal skills. Arranges for patient
pre-payments and enforces financial agreements prior to providing service. Gathers charge information, codes,
enters into database, completes billing process, distributes billing information. Files insurance claims and assists
patients in completing insurance forms. Processes unpaid accounts by contacting patients and third party
1. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff.
2. Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
3. Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary insurance information in the patient accounting system (on line
4. Obtains signatures on all forms and documents as required.
5. Assists patients with ambulatory difficulties.
6. Maintains appointment book and follows office scheduling policies.
7. Provides front office phone support as needed and outlined through cross training program.
8. Responsible for gathering, accurately coding and posting outpatient charges to superbills.
9. Processes vouchers and private payments, to include updating registration screens based on information on checks.
10. Helps to process mail return statements and outgoing statements.
11. Performs cashiering functions including monitoring and balancing cash drawer daily. Prepares daily cash
deposits. Receives payments from patients and issues receipts. Codes and posts payments and maintains required
records, reports and files.
12. Processes edits and Customer Service and Collection Request for resolution within specified time frames.
13. Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules.
14. Schedules surgeries, ancillary services and follow-up outpatient appointments and admissions as requested.
15. Oversees waiting area, coordinates patient movement, reports problems or irregularities. 20%
BILLING/FEE TICKET PREPARATION/MEDICAL RECORDS MAINTENANCE
1. Researches all information needed to complete outpatient billing process including getting charge information from
2. Codes information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge.
3. Keys charge information into on-line entry program.
4. Processes and distributes copies of billings according to clinic policies.
5. Delivers, transports, sorts and files returned charts.
6. Picks up lab reports, dictations, X-rays, and correspondence.
7. Files all medical reports. Purges obsolete records and files in storage.
8. Destroys outdated records following established procedures for retention and destruction.
9. Makes up new patient charts. Repairs damaged charts. Assists in locating and filing records.
10. Works with medical assistants and other staff to route patient charts to proper location. 20%
1. Assist patients with questions on insurance claims, obtaining disability insurance benefits, home health care,
medical equipment, surgical care, etc.
2. Processes benefit correspondence, signature, and insurance forms to expedite payment of outstanding claims.
3. Assists patients in completing all necessary forms to obtain hospitalization or Surgical pre-certification from
4. Follows-up with insurance companies ensuring that coverage is approved.
5. Posts all actions and maintains permanent record of patient accounts.
6. Answers patient questions and inquiries regarding their accounts.
7. Confirms all workers' compensation claims with employees.
8. Prepares disability claims in a timely manner.
9. Maintains files with referral slips, medical authorizations, and insurance slips. 20%
COLLECTIONS AND OTHER FRONT OFFICE PRACTICE FUNCTIONS
1. Collects payments at time of service for daily outpatient visit services.
2. Performs collection actions including contacting patients by telephone and resubmitting claims to third party
3. Evaluates patient financial status and establishes budget payment plans.
4. Reviews accounts for possible assignment to collection agency, makes recommendation to Clinical Dept. Practice
5. Participates with other staff to follow up on accounts until zero balance, or turned over for collection. 10%
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR
1. Enters all charge and same day payment information for patient visits and hospital patients, verifying accuracy of
coding, charging and patient insurance status.
2. Backs up and closes computer files on a daily basis, logging as appropriate (i.e. closing all batches in accordance to
3. Registers new patients after verifying patient status on computer inquiry. Updates financial information as indicated.
1. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
2. Participates in educational activities.
3. As representative of GHS Clinical Department, is expected to maintain neat and professional appearance,
demonstrate commitment to serve at all times and uphold guidelines set forth in office manual. 5%Supervisory/Management Responsibilities This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive. Minimum Education
High School diploma or equivalentMinimum Experience No previous experience required Other Required Experience
Associate Degree in technical specialty program of 18 months minimum in length- Preferred
Multi-specialty group practice setting experience- Preferred
Basic understanding of ICD-9 and CPT coding- Preferred
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
LocationPatewood Outpt Ctr/Med Offices
Facility1093 University Medical Group Administration
Department70019600 Ambulatory Internal Resource Pool
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website