Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummarySupervises clinical staff and coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care for delivery of hospice services to patients who are terminally ill and their family in collaboration and coordination with the Nursing Director (DON). Supervises care provided by staff to ensure the delivery of safe and quality patient care and to ensure appropriate standards of professional nursing practice are maintained in the home and clinical setting. Maintains high visibility to patients/families and staff on the unit, especially during off-shifts, and resolves problems as needed. Performs a variety of administrative, human resource, payroll, quality improvement, and department coordination activities. Provides direct patient care as needed.
- Oversees a variety of patient care activities to ensure the delivery of safe and quality patient care on the unit/service. Activities include, but are not limited to: staff allocation and scheduling; patient assignments; rounds; investigation/resolution of patient care issues; educates potential patients about hospice services; assess the patient's level of understanding and ability to make an informed consent; coordination of admission, discharges, and transfers; ensuring appropriate transitions of care between shifts; interdepartmental coordination and direct patient care, as needed. - 25%
- Assists with continuing staff development to include clinical problem solving and decision making skills. Facilitates new staff orientation and training. Maintains records/documentation pertaining to staff competencies, certification and/or licensure. Serves as a professional role model, coach and resource for employees. - 15%
- Supports the DON by performing a variety of human resources activities including, but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, evaluating, coaching, counseling, and performance management of unit staff. May assist with Payroll processing. - 10%
- Performs a variety of administrative and quality management activities to ensure that quality expectations and regulatory requirements are met. Ensures unit compliance with departmental, Prisma Health, safety, regulatory, environmental, and infection control standards. Maintains records/documentation pertaining to regulatory/environmental standards, quality audits or other unit-related record-keeping requirements. Assists DON in preparation of Joint Commission visits, etc. - 15%
- Performs a variety of customer service activities to ensure that customer service expectations are met or exceeded. Activities include, but are not limited to: role modeling; staff counseling; patient rounds; service recovery; and problem resolution. - 15%
- Assists in maintaining unit budget by appropriate allocation and utilization of unit resources. Shares accountability with DON for unit/department/organizational goal achievement. - 10%
- Assists in planning, directing, and evaluating various short-term and long-term projects or performance improvement initiatives for the unit. Develops, submits, implements and evaluates performance objectives for self and unit. Participates in Nursing and/or hospital committees and work groups. - 5%
- Represents hospice at various community functions through speaking engagements,meetings, and networking. - 5%
- Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of employees that may include final budget authority, hire/termination/disciplinary authority, performance appraisal responsibility. Job will be considered a member of the management staff with direct reports: Register Nurses and CNA's
- Bachelor's Degree- Nursing
- 3 years- RN experience including 2 years in appropriate area of nursing
- Current South Carolina RN License
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
- In lieu of the BSN requirement above, an Associate's Degree in Nursing may be considered if the applicant signs, or has signed, a Memorandum of Understanding agreeing to enroll in an accredited BSN or MSN program within one year and obtain a BSN or MSN degree with four years.
Other Required Sills and Experience
- Previous management or supervisory experience- Preferred
- Certified in nursing specialty- Preferred
- All current job incumbents as of July 1, 2014 will have a grace period of one (1) year to enroll in an accredited BSN or MSN program and four (4) years to obtain a BSN or MSN from an accredited program by July 1, 2018. To remain qualified for this position, incumbents must demonstrate continued enrollment and progress in an accredited nursing program until a BSN or MSN is conferred.- Required
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1521 Home Health - Midlands
Department15246050 Nursing Service
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website