Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThis job has the responsibility of attending all quality and core curriculum classes, actively participating in professional development workshops and peer support groups, and successfully completing all clinical competencies and validation requirements of the Nurse Residency Program. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nursing Orientation and Education Team while refining nursing knowledge and skills. Actively participates in managing clinical situations for which he/she is assigned. Will rotate through all units and specialties as assigned. All team members are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Prisma Health's Standards of Behaviors, Mission, and Values of compassion, dignity, excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
Service Line: Critical Care
Location: Greenville Memorial Hospital
Unit: Medical/Surgical ICU
The start date for this service line is October 18, 2021. Your RN license must be posted online by October 11, 2021.
Are you a new grad or RN with less than one year of nursing experience? If so, our Nurse Residency Program is for you! Prisma Health is committed to providing new graduate nurses with a solid foundation to launch their nursing career. The nurse residency program combines foundational and specialty specific clinical core curriculum, quality classes, simulation, one-on-one skills validation, hands-on application with clinical mentors and professional development.
If you are interested in the Nurse Residency Program and have less than one year of nursing experience, please apply to this requisition. For more information on the Nurse Residency Program, please visit https://careers.prismahealth.org/us/en/nurse-residency-program
- Assessment: Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient's problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results; performs nursing assessment using critical thinking skills.
- Planning Care: Develops a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services.
- Implementing/Managing Care: Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures; provides discharge teaching; identifies emergency situations and independently initiates advanced therapy; acts as an advocate and coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care.
- Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale; makes and records observations related to impending or associated problems; implements nursing measures related to impending or associated problems.
- Leadership: Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and takes responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes inappropriate and/or ineffective patient care management, resolves issue/problem and completes written reports; fulfills call for unit as assigned and adjusts staffing for census (volume) and acuity
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing program recognized by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Candidates with greater than 12 months experience are not eligible
Licensed to practice as a RN in South Carolina. BLS required
In Lieu of:
In lieu of RN licensure upon hire, a temporary license/Graduate Nurse status may be accepted upon receipt of diploma and authorization to test. The RN-Resident-Graduate Nurse may work in a provisional status with NCLEX testing date provided prior to hire. The RN-Resident-Graduate Nurse works directly under the licensure of the clinical preceptor while in the clinical setting and provides care within the scope of the SC Nursing Practice Act provisional status until NCLEX completion with passing score and licensure with SC State Board of Nursing.
Other Required Skills and Experience
Must possess knowledge and skills necessary to treat patients; other training as required by department.
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department70019311 Nurse Residency-Upstate
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website