Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides direct patient care, education and support to patients in a physician specialty practice with the objective of coordinating high quality care across the continuum. Functions as a clinical and community resource, educator and consultant to patients, their families and other health care providers. Able to coordinate and provide care for patients based on detailed treatment protocols initiated by physicians without need of direct physician supervision. May assist physicians in invasive office procedures and other surgical procedures that are preformed in the practice setting.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge base of disease entities, to include cancer treatment, medications and other options specific to the medical specialty. Assesses and evaluates extensive health history of patients. Evaluates effectiveness of care and makes changes according to predetermined care plan or after consultation with physician. - 20%
- Monitors patients progress; consults with surgeon or designee and other members of the care delivery team as needed; refers to appropriate physician or program when instructed by physician. - 20%
- Serves as primary contact for patient/family members in a non-emergent situation (may include 24 hour "on call"). Performs phone triage accurately by involving physicians as needed while using critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge to handle the majority of patient care issues. - 15%
- Identifies learning needs of patient and/or family and works with team members to develop and carry out educational plan and makes changes throughout the process to ensure educational objectives are met. This may include 1:1 teaching to enhance self-management and participation in plan of care - 10%
- Assists with office invasive procedures and all other surgical procedures that is provided in the practice setting as needed. Provides comfort and safety measures for patient before, during, and after the procedure. - 15%
- Maintains collaborative professional working relationship with clinicians and administrative staff necessary to develop and implement a successful cross-continuum care management for patients with an advanced disease process - 5%
- Utilizes the routine nursing process in the delivery of patient care in the office setting; to include assessment, planning, interventions, evaluation and patient/family teaching and documents appropriately in patient's EMR. - 5%
- Assumes responsibility for patient safety by maintaining a safe environment to include awareness of safety procedures, protocols, and adherence to patient care standards. Participates in environmental rounds to ensure safe environment. Sterilizes equipment and instruments properly and maintains correct logs as directed by nursing manager - 5%
- Champions the development, implementation and evaluation of PI projects and policies and procedures specific to the specialty area and assists new team members until they are proficient. - 5%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, director or executive.
Associate's Degree - Nursing
Three (3) years clinical nursing experience with one (1) year experience in with the department specialty
Required Certifications, Registries, Licenses
South Carolina Licensed RN - REGISTERED NURSE (Lawson Code NLRN)
Other Required Skills and Experience
Basic Computer Skills
Knowledge of office equipment (fax/copier)
Other Qualifications or Experience
Certification in specialty area - Preferred
Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
Additional In Lieu of Statement
Team members employed in this job prior to July 1, 2020 are grandfathered under prior educational and experience requirements. In addition, team members must be certification eligible and will have one year to obtain required certification(s).
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1570 Tuomey Hospital - Payroll Only
Department15707150 Radiation Therapy
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website