Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides appropriate supervision and leadership to assigned Account Specialist ensuring timely and accurate processes and functions of the Physician Business Office. Maintains work schedules, work flows, and monitors performance of assigned Account Specialists. In collaboration with the Director and Manager, assists in development and implementation of departmental goals.
- Develops and maintains work schedule within budgeted parameter, establishes priorities, assigns and monitors work and audits work flows to meet Management Services Organization goals for days outstanding and collections.
- Selects trains/orients assigns and supervises department staff. Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Provides coaching/counseling to assigned department staff on a quarterly basis. Recommends and develops improvement plans to enhance employee development.
- Evaluates work processes/procedures; identifies and resolves problems and develops, recommends, and implements process changes to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Maximizes reimbursement by ensuring compliance with third party requirements, including keeps abreast of reimbursement requirements and maintains current knowledge of applicable government, managed care and/or third party regulations and guidelines. Ensures compliance and communicates discrepancies to appropriate personnel or department.
- Develops LEM objectives to support departmental, PIH and GHS and works to achieve results within designated guidelines.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships within and outside the organization to enhance open communication and promote GHS Stellar Standards.
- Attends required meetings and serves on committees to enhance professional growth and development.
Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of employees that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff and will have direct reports.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent
Experience - 6 years experience in hospital admissions, physician billing, or credit/collections with at least 2 years at the lead level
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
High School Diploma and 3 years as a supervisor in banking, finance, or medical insurance, preference given to candidates with experience in hospital admissions, physician billing, or credit/collections.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years of experience at the lead level in hospital admissions, physician billing, or credit/collections
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge office equipment
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database)
- Data entry
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Location1333 Taylor St Baptist
Facility2025 Administration-Medical Group
Department24631000 Radiology - Midlands-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website