Under general supervision is responsible for maintenance and repairs of multiple school locations for the HVAC systems and the buildings EMS. Ensure the HVAC & EMS for every facility is kept operating at industry standards while implementing new strategies to enhance the efficiency through PM, automation and manual adjustments to the total building operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and maintain the following areas:
- Provide scheduled maintenance, check all components, and change out air filters for all HVAC equipment and any other area assigned to within designated frequency and time periods.
- Facilitate, track and monitor weekly schedules for EMS systems for the schools. Check schedules as well as temperature settings weekly.
- Facilitate, track and provide strategies for managing all energy consuming equipment.
- Responsible for implementing schedules and procedures that will aid the building efficiency.
- Facilitate and assist, Supervisors, and FMC's if assigned:
- Fire Inspection Issues; exit sign light repairs; battery replacement for backup lighting; door and hardware adjustments & repair; key and key control assistance; electrical repairs, minor moves, adds, and changes, small wiring projects, & low voltage; appliance repairs; banner and sign installations; HVAC minor moves, add, and changes, a/c filter changes; drywall repairs; minor carpentry; moving books, files, boxes, classroom furniture; replacing light bulbs, ballasts & fixtures; painting projects; ceiling tile replacement; playground maintenance, athletic areas, grounds repairs; equipment audits, building inspections; safety issues, repairs; small landscaping projects; additional items as they arise.
- Supervision of all area supplemental workers assigned to school groups by location. Monitoring of time and materials, scheduling and tracking of all maintenance related issues and repairs. Direct oversight of all repair, maintenance and special project analysis, and decisions.
- Facilitate, track and provide strategies for managing all energy consuming equipment. Responsible for implementing schedules and procedures that will aide the building efficiency.
- Track and report status of open projects. Provide historical data for analyzing trends.
- Track time, mileage, materials, tools. (Weekly/Monthly)
- Oversight of special projects, facilitate and troubleshoot ongoing construction and maintenance issues with schools and building services.
- Monitor and create estimates, schedules, and timelines for new and existing project deliverables.
- Create and build preventative maintenance processes and monitoring systems for extended life of facility related components.
- Maintain and monitor building compliance with Building Codes & Standards for local, city, county, state, and federal agencies.
- Travel within and outside the state as the job dictates.
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignments.
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and maximum safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as delegated by Director of Projects & Facilities.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company policies.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of HVAC including the ability to understand, communicate, and deals effectively with vendors and contractors.
- Supervise HVAC vendors during repairs.
- Knowledge of Energy Management Systems. (Honeywell, Trane, Carrier, and ASI)
- Strong knowledge and experience in reading and understanding HVAC plans. Ability to perform intermediate level mathematical functions and calculations.
- Knowledge of VFD Controls.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, expert in communication, writing, and documentation abilities.
- Must have a strong background in the electrical trade.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local building and fire codes, and inspection processes.
- Strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Computer knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office software, ability to manage online documentation of service requests, utilize time and material tracking programs.
- Education -- minimum high school graduate with continuing education construction or facilities related.
- Experience -- A minimum of 4 years of HVAC commercial related maintenance & Energy Management Controls.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website