JOB PURPOSE: Ensure the HVAC System for every facility is kept operating at industry standards while implementing new strategies to enhance the efficiency through PM, automation and manual adjustments to the total building operation. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Regional HVAC Manager shall manage, develop and lead HVAC service and maintenance staff by recruiting, assessing, hiring, training and managing the performance of all service/maintenance technicians and dispatchers.
The Regional HVAC Manager shall:
- Work closely with General Manager (GM) to develop and maintain operations.
- Conduct long-term planning geared toward operational excellence.
- Provide customers with price estimations for parts and labor; estimate project hours for specific services
- Work with customer service and service/maintenance staff to provide technical support, resolve issues, and provide HVAC product maintenance.
- Provide oversight on controls and work with Controls Manager.
- Represent the organization's desired goals and policies to the Service Department.
- Manage service call efficiency and profitability.
- Provide weekly reports to the GM on the status of the service department.
- Lead the Service Department to the successful fulfillment of its goals.
- Provide customer service; provide PR for company.
- Conduct and Supervisor Sales and Marketing.
- Build/Establish training programs, be engaged, attend and be actively involved with continuing and specialized training.
- Arrange and manage Service Technician evening and weekend on-call rotation (if required).
- Address and perform service repair needs as necessary.
- Review progress of Service Department work.
- Manage/Supervise team members, warehouse and truck stock.
- Very strong people management skills to include assessing, selecting, developing, training and evaluating service technician and department talent.
- Commercial equipment, including but not limited to, chill water systems to dx package units to dx split systems ranging up to at least 500 tons.
- Business management and financial management knowledge and experience.
- Excellent customer service and relationship skills and professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to multi-task.
- Computer skills in Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel applications.
- HVAC experience and an understanding or HVAC/R systems.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Training (Hands on)
- Conflict management
- Knowledge of construction trades and facilities maintenance requirements including ability to understand, communicate, and deal effectively with vendors and contractors.
- Ability to perform intermediate level mathematical functions and calculations.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, expert in communication, writing, and documentation abilities.
- Knowledge of Business, management principles, accounting, human resource principles, project management and some information technology.
- Industry relevant schooling or experience.
- Computer knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office software, ability to manage online documentation of service requests, utilize time and material tracking programs.
- Education – Minimum high school graduate with continuing education in a construction or facilities related field.
- Certifications/Licenses - HVAC License required; Mechanical License holder in Florida
- Travel - within the state as the job dictates, up to, but not limited, to 1 week per month
- Experience – A minimum of 10 years of HVAC hands on service field work, and 10 years of HVAC management experience
- Special Qualifications – Refer to the “Skills and Knowledge” section
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions and field conditions.
- School building site visits.
- Business casual dress code or ABC directed uniform.
Apply on company website